#81 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 October 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

Am confused by Livewyr though...still looking for the place where Russ said to make a player council........ or where we remotely even showed enough consensus on the forums to make a poll of any sort.

Mind you, I believe I called it at the time, that Russ was really just laughing up his sleeve (which is admittedly a little dickish, though for the objective, effective object lesson), because he knew we could never bloody agree on anything, and that people would take his (get the community to back some ideas) and run with it into little cults of personality. But a player council? Sorry, don't recall ever seeing that.

It did demonstrate that the only thing we could agree on, mostly (cuz enough people still disagreed) was that ECM was a problem. Shame no 3 people could agree on any one solution.

Mechwarrior Buddah was kind enough to dig these up last time, before that dissent thread was sent to K-Town..

Initial Post (and you see mine right beneath it)
http://mwomercs.com/...04#entry3731304

Follow-up posts.
http://mwomercs.com/...75#entry3732375
http://mwomercs.com/...86#entry3734886

We tried to make a poll in the suggestions forum (because that was the only place that polls were allowed) and it was deleted. (Not a related topic) Then I asked Russ personally/directly on Skype about creating a poll for player election and that was when I got the line about waiting until after the Town Hall. (Back then, it was "The Town Hall")

I do not see your confusion, Bishop.

Edited by Livewyr, 05 October 2015 - 03:49 PM.

#82 Kraftwerkedup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

"I won't go out and commit to a system that is already out there like say EVE, perhaps we end up there perhaps we don't."

That line was just as funny the first time I read it, as it is now.

Poor Russ.

#83 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 05 October 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

Mechwarrior Buddah was kind enough to dig these up last time, before that dissent thread was sent to K-Town..

Initial Post (and you see mine right beneath it)
http://mwomercs.com/...04#entry3731304

Follow-up posts.
http://mwomercs.com/...75#entry3732375
http://mwomercs.com/...86#entry3734886

We tried to make a poll in the suggestions forum (because that was the only place that polls were allowed) and it was deleted. (Not a related topic) Then I asked Russ personally/directly on Skype about creating a poll for player election and that was when I got the line about waiting until after the Town Hall. (Back then, it was "The Town Hall")

I do not see your confusion, Bishop.

here's the initial post that started it all, as posted earlier

View PostRuss Bullock, on 12 September 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Okay how about this, this is what many of you have been waiting for:

Well first a question: Do you think you the community can come to an agreed upon consensus? One in which if the changes are implemented everyone says great job PGI on listening to us now we feel great about ECM and your ability to listen to feedback?

If the answer is Yes then I suggest the following:

You the community decide how your going to present a proposal, nominate a peer that you feel has the best handle on this, put together your own player council whatever you like but present a proposal that your peers vote on. The vote would likely need to be far greater than just 51% in favor. Perhaps something more like 80+%

At that point PGI will analyze the proposal, if we see any technical problems or balance problems that we feel perhaps you didnt see, we will point those items out to you. Then if necessary you can adjust your proposal and put it to a vote again, if successful PGI will again analyze and repeat if necessary until we have a final design solution for implementation.

PGI will then communicate how long it will take to implement with full explanation as to why, and we will patch the changes in upon the agreed upon delivery date. Once complete if this whole process has gone smoothly and civily we will proceed with doing things like this far more frequently or at least for other areas of the product that are controversial.

What do you say?

emphasis mine.

Do you think you the community can come to an agreed upon consensus?
Never came remotely close

You the community decide how your going to present a proposal, nominate a peer that you feel has the best handle on this, put together your own player council whatever you like but present a proposal that your peers vote on. The vote would likely need to be far greater than just 51% in favor. Perhaps something more like 80+%
Player council was one of several things thrown out as ideas, for us to make work. It devolved, as expected into epeen wars and cults of personality.

It went nowhere because we took it nowhere. There was never a remote consensus, stop trying to pretend we had the answers or a plan or anything, other than 2-3 egos going out of control. The closest to an actual idea was Roland, who went into his usual shell of ego anger when all the issues with his idea, from it's complexity on down were brought up. And that was probably the best idea, and it was not actually realistic, nor was there any sort of consensus.

Even better, Russ, as a misguided gesture of goodwill, or because he knew their egos would torpedo any attempts at unity, let the inmates back in, and that went, largely as predicted.

SMH.

/issue

#84 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

Bishop.....

From the first link...

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:19 PM
Okay everybody.

I want to try and move this concept forward, obviously this is a tough one with no shortage of ideas. There are a decent number of people out there that still are opposed to the concept or at least are somewhat fearful of the outcome.

I want to again assure everyone that were going to take this nice and slow and see if we can't create something that works for MWO. I won't go out and commit to a system that is already out there like say EVE, perhaps we end up there perhaps we don't. I am more interested in finding a nice balance between PGI and it's community. That is the starting point I think we all agree.

Ideally I think it should be a small manageable number, 12 is likley at the very far end of managable, but we also want to make sure everyone is represented.

The only idea I have currently is to take this thread, invite everyone that has been nominated to a teamspeak server. The first order of business will be discussing together how we can widdle that group down a manageable size, vote on that group of players for perhaps a certain "term"?

Once they are in place we can focus on our first Subject whether that remains ECM or perhaps a softball or two out the gate.

Thoughts?

What part of the emphasized are you confused about? For Fks sake- white knighting has its limits.

He said to Gather people and meet up for consensus We tried:
We tried setting up a Poll- Shut down by Mods (go figure)
We tried setting up a TS3 meeting and/or an in-forum poll for nomination. BOTH OF WHICH REQUIRED RUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Where did we fall short?

SMH indeed.

EDIT: In the event that you are not sure what a council is.. I posted a link for you:
http://www.merriam-w...tionary/council

In addition, I'll quote it for you:
Definitions number ONE and TWO:

1: an assembly or meeting for consultation, advice, or discussion

2: a group elected or appointed as an advisory or legislative body

Edited by Livewyr, 05 October 2015 - 05:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users