Roll It Back!

2 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Generic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:14 PM

PSR is ruining game experience. Only way to keep from losing rank is to specialize in damage spread and lots of it. I usually use precision and team support. I get nothing for this under the current match scoring system because damage is the only significant factor in the formula. As broken and stupid as ELO was, it was far less broken than PSR is proving to be. If we're simply going to abolish teamwork, why not at least give us a deathmatch free for all option?

#2 Feje

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:15 AM

I agree with you that the PSR system is beyond bad.

Case in point, had a Conquest match in a ARC. Match started to go south fast so I broke off from main group to get us back in the cap race. Now, I capped EVERY POINT for my team the entire match and was the last to survive. We loose 750-746, I have like 30% health, did a couple hundred in damage (not much) and lose rank instead of holding.

Why? Cause I capped and played the game you designed?

Now common sense would say, Hey I did a good job on a crap team. The only reason we were even in it was my caps (we were down to 2 or 3 guys with one freaking cap after like 6 minutes for heavens sake!).

Eventually my 200 or so damage wasn't enough and I deserve to have my rank reduced....Bull *****.

How on earth are people supposed to understand the system if it doesnt work like you explained it to work?

#3 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:18 AM

It does work like they explained it to work.... the problems you're experiencing here are twofold:
  • Damage is weighted too heavily.
  • 'Good score' and 'bad score' are ranked in absolutes, not as comparison to the team or even match average.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users