Suggestion To Make Wait Times In Cw Shorter.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:34 AM

Put the CW mode into the standard play mode as a check box option. Allow Unit groups to play standard mode, but also be in the queue for faction C/W play. Whenever there are players waiting for a game in the standard play mode, they would also be available as players in CW.

I imagine it would work something like this;

Three friends and I would form a unit group. As the unit leader, I would check the CW check box in the "play now" menu, along with any other game modes I want. When we press play now, it would check to see if there are any games in CW (within my faction) that my unit would be useful for, if so, it would put us on that planet (Using the most recent drop deck created) and fill it with other players who had also checked the CW box.

If, however, it can't find a CW game to put us in, it just gives us a regular match to play in. This process would repeat each time we play a game.

This would also work for solo players.

This would not, however, put people into empty CW lobbies by default, and would only fill in games where people had intentionally entered a CW lobby.

This would basically allow players to play non CW games, while still adding their numbers to the pool of available CW players.

Edited by Caustic Canid, 30 December 2014 - 03:53 AM.

#2 C4RNAGE

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLast known orbit ->Inautus

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

i see the game shuld start as well for not even groups like 9 Vs 10 , 9 Vs 11, 9 vs 12.

9 is the minimum numbers of players for both teams and start the game if someone is joining later is fine.

But one team not suppose too see the other enemy team number of mechs till kill half of them them, or will ad something like hacking dead mech computer (a bar like conquest need maybe:) some hacking tool for it :)).

Or even hacking live mech but this make a difficult one, mech can't move 2 fast so you can stay in close proximity 50 m.

ahh im going too far with this:)

Edited by C4RNAGE, 30 December 2014 - 04:53 AM.

#3 Havelock Vetinari

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:59 PM

Good suggestion.

In addition: Checking what you want on prio (CW or standard mode games) would be good, so you could also say: "On prio, we would like to play standard, but if there is an open spot in CW, we will take that".

A general queue option for CW would also be a great addition, so that you can queue for a certain planet, if you like, as it is now, but as an alternative you can queue for all possible planets, so that you can fill any open spot.

I think this would speed up finding a game in CW by a considerable amount.

#4 Polkastein

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:52 PM

I am an avid proponent for MWO and I am getting frustrated. CW is really all I want to play but CW is no longer fun. Nobody wants to play it unless they are in a group, because let’s face it, if you’re not in a group, you will get smashed.

CW needs to be a solo queue, or group queue like the public drops. The planets assaulted need to be pre-determined every 24 hours and the percentage of wins (not territories on the planet) determine who takes or holds a planet, this way we won’t need a ceasefire every 8 hours. All pilots of a faction get into the queue to help take the planet. Groups v groups, solo v solo. Population would not be as much of an issue because you don't pick a planet, you are assigned to the target planet via the queue. If a 12 man wants to play, then hopefully there will be a 12 man for them to fight against, otherwise they will be in the queue for a while.

If a faction has population issues, PGI can raise or lower the rewards as they said they would do at the beginning of CW and have hardly done since. However, this needs to be adjusted weekly, not whenever they need to shift populations. Put someone in charge of that PGI and hold them accountable.

Take the tags off the planets and refund everyone’s money that was put into the unit coffers; I don’t see any way that would work with the queue system above anyway.

Also, if mechs have not fully completed the basic skill tree, they should not be in CW. This will eliminate trial mechs and people trying to level mechs at the cost of others who do come with fully skilled mechs.

I spend money on this game and it is about to end if I don’t see any improvements in play.

Edited by Polkastein, 30 September 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:06 AM

i can think of a number of things that could be done:

autojoin for pugs would be nice. most pugs really dont care about planet capture and just want to find a game as quickly as possible. find a group of 12 pugs each on two opposing factions. when 24 pugs are available pic a random inactive planet and drop them there.

ease attacking restrictions. allow factions to do joint attacks. this is useful for when the player count is so lo that no one faction can field an attacking force.

see my continuous battlefields post. sometimes its a good idea to imagine a big picture solution than to keep sticking on bandaids.

allow less than 12 man drops in situations where player count is low, 8v8 or 4v4 if things are really dead.

garrison worlds. pugs with full decks have to hold a non-fortified location against a single 12 man wave. bonuses for unit victory are quadrupled.

#6 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

You cant put CW in the NORMAL QUEUE....

Normal Queue is Mixed Tech

CW is NOT,

How do you balance that? A mixed tech team vs a team of only IS or Clan tech?

You cant make CW part of the normal queue...

Also no MM in CW, first come first serve in the queue. Making you stay there for 3 seconds or some short arbitrary time span does nothing because no on can see you are on the planet and queue up with you.

Edited by DarthRevis, 01 October 2015 - 12:08 PM.

#7 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:21 AM

I recommend they give people a reason to take planets...

More people = Shorter queues.

#8 Cyborx

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:25 PM

Suggestion To Make Wait Times In Cw Shorter

solution: Get more players by finishing CW 100% !(make it good - just hoping the best, since its PGI)
Make it interesting,
include half of the points of the list in the CW-Game to make it interesting.

- salvage
- benefits
- goals
- missions
- bonus objectives
- restrictions (e.g no more factionhopping)
- no more tube maps
- economics
- tactics
- strategies
- alliances
- competition (thx arivio)
- ranking system
- final winning condition

Edited by Cyborx, 07 October 2015 - 02:33 PM.

#9 Polkastein

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:03 PM

You cant put CW in the NORMAL QUEUE....

Normal Queue is Mixed Tech

CW is NOT,

How do you balance that? A mixed tech team vs a team of only IS or Clan tech?

You cant make CW part of the normal queue...

Also no MM in CW, first come first serve in the queue. Making you stay there for 3 seconds or some short arbitrary time span does nothing because no on can see you are on the planet and queue up with you.

Of course you can't do CW from the normal queue. I said create a CW queue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users