Anyone Else Putting Off New Purchases Until This Is Sorted?

29 replies to this topic

#21 Nightnovaa

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:32 AM

Ya not sending them any money not even for premium now, when a blackjack can take 4 small pulse lasers to an open rear CT, not once but three times and not die, but my timber gets hit by two and it's shoulder gets blown off? WTH? Blackjacks should not be able to tank like an Atlas.

If you want to balance the game let everyone run with clan tech like the previous games have it cost a bit more to install or buy, w/e; as a clanner we have to pay for clan mechs and their "better" tech so only fair to pay for better tech to put on IS.

#22 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostNienBall, on 13 October 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

I'm with you on that, the clan mechs were a huge dissapointment to me, no real challenge to fight against one on one because of overheating or negative quirks, trying to "balance" Clan against IS tech the way PGI is going about it completely defeats the point of even having them, I really wish they'd just leave well enough alone and stop seemingly catering to the Leroy Jenkins/COD crowd who complain when they go blindly charging out into the open and get LRM'ed to death like they deserve instead of playing smart.

LRMing the Leroy Jenkins/CoD crowd makes me a ton of c-bills so I hope they don't stop catering to those people. Only so many true BT fans in this world...

#23 Rocket2Uranus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:25 AM

I spent 40+ dollars within the first year of the game. It was still in Alpha phase. Me and my brother had high hopes in the game/developer.

I only recently started playing again once I noticed there were no more lag shield/netcode hell that prevented damage from registering properly.

Going back to your question, yes if I had known pretty much first releases of mechs were going to look like pure pile of sh*t compared to future release of mechs I would of never spent a dime.

Edited by Rocket2Uranus, 15 January 2016 - 10:25 AM.

#24 GrimRiper

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:13 PM

Dear Developers.

Rant alert. You have been warned, continue to read at your own peril :)

I've been more and more frustrated with this game. In current state it reminds me of COD. You get killed very, very quickly. Instead it should be something like World of Warships, where it takes some time to kill your opponent and superior tactics wins the day. I don't know if all the weapons do way too much damage or armor is to thin on all mechs to absorb any real punishment. I remember the good old days of MWO where you could equip only a handfull of wepons, range was more limited and lights were tripped to ground when they made contacts with bigger mechs. Lights also couldn't kill assaults in 2 to 3 alpha strikes with their small/pulse lasers. Lights served as a scouts for LRM Mechs, ECM protection and long range harrasers for medium mechs. LRM wasn't overpowered and assaults could take a few minutes of heavy beating. They were the pushers who did the dirty job, while other mechs supported them with their abbilities. In current state of affairs the weakest Mech is Assault and the mightiest is a Light and Medium. Both are very quick, most shoots miss them and when they are hit they take a tremendus ammount of damage compared to Heavies or Assault. It is like an Abrams M1 Main battle tank shooting with his cannon on a Humvee and after three direct hits, Humvee just has a flat tire, while his three burst with 50. cal blows up the tank. That is absurd. I can't even imagine how long it would take 50. cal to penetrate Main tank armor - months of continous shooting on same spot, years, decades ???

Something like that happens only in fairytales, cartoons and MWO :)

I don't know what you should do: increase armor, nerf wepons damage, increase weight and slots of all weapons so that fewer could be mounted. I'm just telling you that game has lost it's fun appeal that it had 2 years ago. And if the game is not fun anymore, why should anyone spend money on it ;)

#25 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:18 PM

I'm not even playing. I haven't played in almost a year. I think I'll give it another one.

View PostGrimRiper, on 18 January 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

I don't know what you should do: increase armor, nerf wepons damage, increase weight and slots of all weapons so that fewer could be mounted. I'm just telling you that game has lost it's fun appeal that it had 2 years ago. And if the game is not fun anymore, why should anyone spend money on it Posted Image

Increase lzr mlg pro cycling time (damn the laser boats).

Edited by Gattsus, 27 January 2016 - 10:19 PM.

#26 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

I just logged into the Public Test Server. I spent 84 points on my Pakhet hero mech. I was able to get some good SRM & Medium Laser style skills, radar derp, seismic sensor (both maxed), most of the cool running / heat containment, maxed speed tweak, armor and structure stuff, etc. It didn't feel that bad with what I got in comparison to what I have already on Live.

My Pakhet's 8/8 omnipod quirks were gone. That sucked. Free Missile Velocity & Turn Speed are history, so sort of no point sticking with 8/8 if you don't want. Anyway...

I did play a random match. Things went fine. But the last thought I had with the new system was.... it's like 9.1 Million CBills to skill up a mech to where I had it before. Okay, I get it. But if I was a BRAND NEW player to the game... there's no freakin' way I would EVER purchase or skill up light or medium mechs. Light and Medium mechs get outright robbed at the 9.1 million price tag versus the in game performance of the mechs for what is expected of them AND also considering how match victory / loss rewards are handled.

I'm not delusional, and this problem will NOT be going away if it's ignored. Best of luck with coming up with a solution.

Edit - rather than hijack the thread, I'm also throwing in my 2 cents and stating I won't be buying stuff probably until the new Technical Update for 3068 happens and the new gear is available. There's kind of no point to putting skills into mechs I like only to have to respec them for the new toys that show up on every mech I might be using them on.

Edited by FireStoat, 08 February 2017 - 09:00 PM.

#27 Corduroy Rab

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 41 posts
  • LocationI'm not giving my location to some machine.

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:39 PM

No, but I wish I had. I feel buyers remorse creeping up behind me.

#28 gamingogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

Me to, no more money from me. I really don't like most of this new crap.

#29 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:38 AM

Easy for me.
Not selling anything I might want to use in the future.
Only buying mechs which I'd get anyway, based on hardpoints, not quirks.

#30 Racersky

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

don't worry too much about it, just by another mech, it is all good...oh, and do not worry about the colors, they will go on sale too, and you can buy colors for your new mechs. It is the pgi way, do not worry, just buy a mech...

Edited by Racersky, 02 March 2017 - 04:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users