No replies to this topic

#1 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

Strikes need to be fleshed out more, and existing equipment needs more to make bringing them be worth the tonnage and crit slots.

First off, I think we need more variety with Strikes.

So we should see off-map Arrow IV, Long Tom, Sniper and Thumper varieties, and have Cluster and High Explosive Bombs for Air Strikes.

Differences, will be how many stikes are possible during a match (from the single consumable), how fast the projectiles fly, how long the cooldown period is, how much area is being hit by the strikes, how long the strike hits the area, and how much damage is done per projectile.

So the way that I would set these up is to keep them as Consumables, where a mech can only bring a single type of strike as currently setup in-game.

TAG, BAP/AP then provide boosts, for mechs, such as reducing the cooldown on strikes, area affected, and allow for more strikes from a single consumable during a match. TAG would also be able to aim the Arrow IV missile.

And AMS, should have an interaction with Strikes, so AMS should be able to fire on and destroy Bombs and Missiles at the very least.

I would also add a new piece of Equipment, a Grenade Launcher at 0.5 tons and 1 Crit Slot, that would be able to fire regular red smoke grenades and decoy red smoke grenades.

So then there should be a new Hardpoint category for both TAG and the Grenade Launcher, so that Energy or Ballistic Hardpoints are not used.

Then the Hardpoints can be limited to specific mechs and allow mechs like the CPLT-A1 the ability to mount this gear without needing an Energy or Ballistic Hardpoint, and can be a way to boost mechs like the SDR-5V, by allowing these new hardpoints on its arms for example.

Then with the Infotek pass, have certain mechs with quirks that provide a greater allotment of strikes and other related bonuses, that way both a Dire and Mist Lynx can fire at least a single strike each, but with TAG, BAP, and Grenade Launcher, the Mist Lynx can be able to fire more strikes afterwards, during a match and launch decoy smoke grenades too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users