#1 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:48 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...tober-road-map/

Russ Bullock said:

- New group creation min/max tonnage system. As mentioned in a recent Town Hall, I am making a last attempt to improve the quality of play in the group queue while trying to maintain the feature of having groups of any size.

Well, looks like there WILL be another change to it because it is a nightmare right now.
I just had to point this out because I expected something as discussed in the following thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...onnage-idea-pgi
when first reading the October roadmap.

If you are just a tiny bit into this game it is blatanly obvious what to do with a tonnage limited system when you have a 12 man premade.

#2 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:56 AM

Time to do the ever hated 4 man size limit to a group in group queue? Groups larger than 4 man in CW only?

I know group players hate it (I've even heard people say they would quit permanently), but still, are we at that point?

#3 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:00 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 21 October 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

Time to do the ever hated 4 man size limit to a group in group queue? Groups larger than 4 man in CW only?

I know group players hate it (I've even heard people say they would quit permanently), but still, are we at that point?

Right so if you want to play in a team, in a team game, you're only option is a badly broken game mode that almost no one cares about anymore.

A game mode with maps that are generally pretty, but bad for creative gameplay.

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:05 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 21 October 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

Right so if you want to play in a team, in a team game, you're only option is a badly broken game mode that almost no one cares about anymore.

Like i said, not popular.

As it seems, Its basically down to fixing CW, continuing to alienate smaller groups, or alienate bigger groups.

It is a no win situation.

#5 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:05 AM

Yup

Incoming group nerf. Welcome to 4 man land.

Honestly, I'm OK with it, while I like playing with more than 3 friends sometimes personally I can be fine without.

It's clear that certain groups don't give a sh*t about the quality of play for most players, only that their group can get their jollies by trolling everyone else. Which is a shame for the actual decent groups (dare I say the majority) because there most of other players sole purpose isn't to farm/troll. After all the idiocy in CW that led to it being a ghost town what else do you expect when the trolls run out of targets there and move into the public queues.

The kids can't play nice with their toys so they get em taken away. Did it to themselves and I look forward to the change back to 4 man only. (IMO that was the golden age anyways)

I hope that CW gets some love coming up here with phase 3 becasue I do like the option of beign able to play in large groups somewhere

Edited by cSand, 21 October 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#6 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:07 AM

Well, they will have to keep groups of 2- it's the most common group size, right?

#7 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 21 October 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

As it seems, Its basically down to fixing CW, continuing to alienate smaller groups, or alienate bigger groups.

Smaller groups alienate themselves by being small on purpose.

No one is asking those people to join mega-units with 200+ players, but really if you have a squad with only a small number of actives you should think about finding more players to play with in a team based game.

#8 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:13 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 21 October 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

Smaller groups alienate themselves by being small on purpose.

No one is asking those people to join mega-units with 200+ players, but really if you have a squad with only a small number of actives you should think about finding more players to play with in a team based game.

unacceptable.

Many people have a couple of RL friends that they just want to play some games with, myself included. That is just as valid as joining a big unit and playing with 12 other people all the time

#9 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:16 AM

******* whiners! All these ******* whiners!

Russ, if you or anyone from PGI are reading this, there is still one last thing you can do: allow solo players into the group queue. We'll show these ******* whiners ...

... or die trying. But at least it would be fun. I know I will have a lot.

Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 21 October 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#10 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostMystere, on 21 October 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

******* whiners! All these ******* whiners!

Russ, if you or anyone from PGI are reading this, there is still one last thing you can do: allow solo players into the group queue. We'll show these ******* whiners ...

... or die trying. But at least it would be fun. I know I will have a lot.

Posted Image

You could merge the group queue and solo queue. Have the matchmaker do 1-to-1 on PSR rank match up on teams and globally set the tonnage per team into a range of (min) 550 to (max) 730, which has a mean average of 640 as the desired "group" tonnage limit for a 12 person party. Having the variable range for the match could allow for matchmaking if the team tonnage sum is anywhere in between that range for groups/players joining in, while the groups in a party would keep their current tonnage limitations.

#11 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:50 AM

Group queue wasn't bad at all when they had the LFG event and people were actually, you know, playing in the group queue.

Not like there was any less scary 12 mans meta-grinding it out then. So basically they implemented a solution, then totally forgot to keep on promoting it.

#12 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 21 October 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

The first couple of maps with the choke points I agree with you on. They need to bring in a better variety of CW maps to tie into some of the regular map ideals. But CW doesn't have a NASCAR mode which is why people hate it? It's Attack / Defend much like CS map ideas. But I would like to see better options on CW maps to begin with. PGI needs to focus on that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users