Micro Stutter During Combat...

7 replies to this topic

#1 Zureal

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

I am having a issue with micro stutter recently with the recent patch that came out 02/20/2015, If i am doing just a testing grounds thing then it is smooth as silk, but when I go into a PUG drop or anything else at first it is also butter smooth, but as soon as **** gets real and there is heavy action on screen I get a TON of microstuter that makes the game nearly unplayable.

When I go over to tomb reader or shadows of mordar it is smooth with almost no micro stutter ever but in MWO , like i said, as soon as battle is joined there is a MASSIVE amount of it for the rest of the match :(

I run 2 GTX 690s In SLI as I have a 4k screen and before this latest patch it was awesome but then this happened. Has anyone else had anything like this? If so does anyone know a workaround or how to fix this? I generally play at max settings on everything but I turn AA off compleatly as it is not needed at 4k.

any help will be VERY appreciated.

EDIT* sorry, wrong place in the forum for this, my bad :( doint know how to delete it XD

Edited by Zureal, 21 February 2015 - 07:34 PM.

#2 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:49 AM

Moving to workarounds

#3 Silme

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:58 AM

Running two 780 Ti's in SLI and have a 4k monitor handy, will do some testing and report back.

#4 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

Turn off your HUD. Right Shift key and F11 at the same time. They fixed HUD functionality a couple of patches ago, drastically improved framerates for just about everyone. The last hotfix seems to have reverted that change. Obviously you can't really play with the HUD off (can't even tell who is friendly and who is hostile) but it should let you know if that is, in fact, the problem.

#5 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

Flash player hardware acceleration off

It uses scaleform,so does Crytec

Does the stuttering occur after some time in the gaming session,or is it constant? I personally experience stuttering at 2+ hour sessions,the MWO client prob has a memory leak or its Nvidias new drivers,rebooting the client solves this in my case,

#6 Silme

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

Not experiencing any microstutter myself at 4k. *shrug* Sorry.

#7 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:19 AM

I would have thought two 690's would have struggled to power a 4k system in some high demand games, such as mwo?

Have you dropped your game graphics way down and slowly tested them back up?

Try dropping particles and shadows to minimum and testing.

#8 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:55 PM

Im having this same problem with 2x gtx660ti...
With just one card, the stutter goes away, and the drop in fps isnt that big, since sli support in MWO is weak. BUT, its really annoying to have to setup SLI on and off every time I want to play...

I heard adaptive Vsync on Nvidia settings fix it, Ill try when I get home.

P.S: Sorry if I dig this topic from grave, google brought me here...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users