#21 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:31 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 08 October 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

There is a big difference between chronic FPS problems and a one-time/first-time event. If the only thing that changed was an update/hot-fix and suddenly you have problems, then something introduced in the update/hot-fix is the cause.

Not everyone has the issues you desribed that's why basic info should be included , so if all of a sudden it was everyone using the graphics card, with these drivers it narrows down the cause. It could be everyone that is only using postAA with the before listed.

#22 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:33 AM

I just had this now - It was similar in a way to the old server-bugout when Atalses died (back in very early CB), it happened in River City, right near then end, something like 9-8 score, most mechs dead - normal game up till that point, then Boom; FPS went down the toilet and it became almost impossible to move or to aim in anything even resembling a straight line.

Game suddenly dropped to about 2-8 fps for me, and some of the dead spectators (who confirmed the same in chat).

My PC is pretty poor tbh, but as I saw it was confirmed in chat by some other players.

Phenom 965be, 8gb ram, with a an HD7870 card, nothing spectacular this side of the last half-decade, but it was a *sudden* and I'm sure triggered by an even in-game, which is why I likened it to the old Atlas server bugout (back then of course it was caused by the model's ragdoll when it died).

I run the AMD version of shadowplay so I'll go review the vid & see if it shows anything dodgy...

Edited by BigJim, 08 October 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#23 D1SC0 LEM0NADE

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:51 AM

It happened to me as well last night when I was running the Crab on Bog. I went from 90+ to 1 FPS about midway through the match. It was so bad, I backed into a bush and shut my mech down.

#24 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 08 October 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

There is a big difference between chronic FPS problems and a one-time/first-time event. If the only thing that changed was an update/hot-fix and suddenly you have problems, then something introduced in the update/hot-fix is the cause.

Ockham's razor FTW.

Edited by nehebkau, 08 October 2015 - 11:56 AM.

#25 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:13 PM

It's server side, when it happens to you it happens to everyone else in the match. I had it once too, not one guy try to pretend he wasnt getting it. Hard to pretend everything is fine when youre laggin to hell and people can spectate you.

#26 Cabbage Merchant

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:24 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 08 October 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

It's server side, when it happens to you it happens to everyone else in the match. I had it once too, not one guy try to pretend he wasnt getting it. Hard to pretend everything is fine when youre laggin to hell and people can spectate you.

Agreed, I've had this happen at least twice and both times it affected everyone. I doubt all the other clients are slowing down sympathetically.

#27 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:18 PM

My normal fps rate is about 58 and my ping 52...after the hotfix my fps in pug match is 14,ping stays same....same numbers for group matches. HOWEVER when i go into a CW match my FPS drops to 2 and my ping shoots up to 3000....o.O wtf

#28 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:46 PM

Ok, I've just gone over the video - I don't know if this is coincidence or not, but the FPS issues began about a half second before I got the on-screen "chat" message that a friendly had just been killed.

The guy had been in the new loyalty Nova.

Edited by BigJim, 08 October 2015 - 02:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users