14 replies to this topic

#1 TigerHistalmos

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Glad to hear Mechwarrior is coming around again. Definitely a House Davion supporter/sympathizer from my playing days long ago in the Templar Pirates mercenary group.

Don't know what I'll do yet as far as joining up/making up a group, but I'm excited much like you all for the coming days of Mechwarrior glory.

When did you get transported to the world of the InnerSphere?

#2 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

1994 in MechWarrior 2. A world where men and women were equals in society and on the battlefield? I was hooked. Not much content like that when I was a little girl. I've been an ardent fan ever since.

#3 BerserX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 424 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

View PostTigerHistalmos, on 02 December 2011 - 05:05 PM, said:

Glad to hear Mechwarrior is coming around again. Definitely a House Davion supporter/sympathizer from my playing days long ago in the Templar Pirates mercenary group.

Don't know what I'll do yet as far as joining up/making up a group, but I'm excited much like you all for the coming days of Mechwarrior glory.

When did you get transported to the world of the InnerSphere?

I landed on Kathil, helping David McCarthy fight off the 8th RCT (Flashpoint). I was fascinated by the battles, and later read "Operation Audacity." To my good fortune, a friend loaned us MW4: Mercs, and I fell in love with the 75 ton, thuggish brawler - the Thanatos (talk about complete coolness!). A 360 torso-twist, stout armor, decent speeds, ECM, LAMS, tough hardpoints, and massive ballistic weapons placements; What more could I want?! (Aside from maybe a 10 ton heavier Loki)

Since then, I have obtained countless distguishments as an adept in-fighter on Solaris, and as a relentless pummeler on Styk, Haloran V, Eaton, Tharkad, New Exford, and Kentares. I am excited to see a reboot of Mechwarrior, and look forward to joining a Davion-associated merc-group as a brawler.

#4 DarkReaver

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationJihad Day,Hellgate

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:00 AM

Yeah MechWarrior rules

#5 Pappy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDover,PA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

i would have to say i been involved in bt in some forum or function from from about 87 or 88. played all the cpu games, and some board games when i could find people around that would play.

#6 Maltduck

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

i too am old MKM /13th mech warrior of old day and long for a good mech battel hope to see you all on the feild of mech warrior

#7 Cobalt Titanium

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

I have only recently been "fully" introduced into the Battletech universe. After completing MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries, there was little else I could think of but get the history on the FedCom Civil War. Thank goodness for Wikipedia -- that's where I found a list of the novels, and since then I have fallen in love with the lore. Now I just can't wait until I can actually take place in things I'm reading! :huh:

You might be able to tell that Battletech is now one of my favorite things to discuss -- expect to see this guy a bit more often. :)

#8 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

It makes me laugh that the Mechwarrior series is older than I am. I was about 2-3 when MW3 came out.

#9 Pappy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDover,PA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

damn youngins lol

#10 Lorcan Lladd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

I must the spring chicken in the rooster...
...I think I was two or something when MechWarrior 3 was released, and though I played the hell out of it, when I joined it was sort of too late to really enjoy the multiplayer online, so I'm not quite as experienced as your average player.

I've been catching up on the lore and universe, in the absence of a new MechWarrior game, and though I plan on going lone wolf until I do get more experienced, I've always felt more sympathy for House Davion than any other power in the Inner Sphere; should I ever join a mercenary company in MW:O, it will be one serving this House.
Not sure I'm cut out for House military, though.

Although, if the universe in MW:O is anything like canon, I would fight for the chance to serve with a Davion unit deep in Clan territory.

#11 GrandKlaive

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Got hooked in '92 while in Germany with the Army. Started off playing Crescent Hawks Revenge and then started with the board game. Took out a Cyclops with a head shot from my Awesome its been true love ever since!!

#12 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

I remember my dad used to tell me about MechWarrior 1 and 2 being strategic one-of-a-kind combat games and I've been captivated by MW3, and MW4 ever since (The 1st MechWarrior disc was scratched, and MW2 was incompatible with my Win XP 8p). The universal lore, and combat sold it for me. The games FASA has produced (except Mech Assault, which was the least interesting to play) have always kept itself in my top 5 game companies. Sure hope MW:O re-establishes Batteltechs foothold on gaming!

#13 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Currently playing WOW, and you would not believe how many players there used to play the MW games. We are all excited about this and many of us have signed up. I expect as many as 4 million peeps to be playing this game in short order at start up. Power up and move em out.

#14 Radman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWinter Garden, FL

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

For me it was 83 or 84. Picked up the TT box set and was hooked. Bought novels, campaign and scenario books, all kinds of source books, and then got hooked on the video games with MW. Still have the vast majority of books. Absolutely loved the into sequences for MW2. Thought the Mech Commander series was fairly cool as well.

#15 Redseven09

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

I have always been someone who enjoys games that allow me to create and otherwise "tinker", so if the intro video from MW3 didnt hook me, the mechlab certainly did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users