#1 Warzog

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAboard the Wildcat's Leopard dropship: The Lair

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:35 AM

To start, I figured I'd give a few examples:
1) I was in a match whereby I got 3 kills, 3 assists, 236 dmg, died, and we lost 7v12.
2) In another, I got 2 kills, 2 assists, 336 dmg, died, and we lost 9v12.
3) Yet another, I got 2 kills, 7 assists, 256 dmg, died, and we lost 10v12.
4) Edit: I got 1 kill, 1 assist, 421 dmg, died, and we lost 4v12.
In all four, my PSR score went down.
In all four cases, if we had won, my PSR would have gone up.

Since Match Maker determines who is on a team, and since no one gets 12 kills in a match by themselves to win matches time after time, then why is winning or losing such a huge part of a PILOT's SKILL Rating?
Granted, each member contributes to a win or a loss, and should be rewarded accordingly. However, if they contributed to the battle, they shouldn't be punished the same as someone who did little to nothing.

And since most battles are determined within 6-9 minutes, it is almost impossible for a PILOT to avoid getting killed before the match is over, unless it's an Assault or Conquest match, and the other team decides to capture instead of hunting you down.

My suggestions are as follows:
1) Decrease the effects of Winning or Losing on a PILOT's PSR score.
2) Decrease the effects of ending a match Alive or Dead on a PILOT's PSR score.
3) Decrease the "Decrease," "Stay the Same," and "Increase" PSR score cutoffs, they are way to high IMO.
4) Add the choice to SURRENDER when a PILOT's mech has no weps and/or their team is losing a lopsided match. I.E.: 1-3v9-11, with no death penalty.
5) Not sure how it currently works, but IMO, PILOT's who lose their connection, or never make one, shouldn't be penalized or rewarded for win/loss or living/dying. (However, IMO, voluntary disconnects should be penalized as both a loss and for dying the same as a suicide is.)

Edited by Warzog, 09 October 2015 - 07:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users