Quick Thoughts About Wide Range Of Problems.

4 replies to this topic

#1 CheshChesh

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:30 PM

At first, i am not a native english speaker but i will try hard to explain myself.

At second, let me point problem i noticed in game: it doesn't give me feel of progression with my mech. Sure i can master it but then i will play it exactly like a new one just "harder faster stronger".
it is nice to have +15%arm twist speed this perk won't change the way i am playing this game. Same with weapon mods and player skills. Only few of them give unique features, all others improve what already present from beginning.

I understand balance difficultes nonetheless. One area not presented in mwo enough for me is vision and obscuring. For a start i think giving cocpit a small picture-in-picture monitor will be nice.
By default it should have basic rareview features, impossible to spotting enemys, only for navigatingso basic monitor should have very low resolution or/and small FOV. Moving reverse is very hard without extreme map knowledge for me as a new player so this may help a lot by itself, but main goal are upgrades:
ability to look through someone POV, upgrade for UAV to have a cam, calling a satellite picture of a battlefield and others.

For obsuring i think smoke fields are missing for a no reason. Real army use them like all the time. It can be delivered by artillery or used from mech itself like a emergency in tought situations. Again, termal vision can be upgraded for look throug smoke for example.

Weapon upgrade for me should give some unique feature also. I am not very familiar with P'n'P or previous Mechwarrior games but my example is non-guiding LRMs wich targeted onto the ground and dealing splash.

Main goal is to give players completely new ways to do things and not to improve existing. So what do you guys think about problem and my solutions?

Edited by CheshChesh, 09 October 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

There are performance problems with doing picture-in-picture. They may eventually fix this, but for now no picture-in-picture.

Smoke causes further performance issues for all but the fastest computers.

This isn't an MMO where you get new powers when you level up. I'm hoping that MWO will never be that way.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 09 October 2015 - 05:02 PM.

#3 CheshChesh

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 09 October 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

There are performance problems with doing picture-in-picture. They may eventually fix this, but for now no picture-in-picture.

Smoke causes further performance issues for all but the fastest computers.

This isn't an MMO where you get new powers when you level up. I'm hoping that MWO will never be that way.

You already gain new powers actually, only boring.

About performance issues - all this features can be implement in a way that does not requir a lot of resurces to handle.

Edited by CheshChesh, 09 October 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:21 PM

View PostCheshChesh, on 09 October 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

You already gain new powers actually, only boring.

As you said originally, we only improve what is already there. Speed gets a small boost, twisting and arm movement gets faster, and the like.

Gaining completely new powers isn't something MWO needs. This isn't like WoW.

View PostCheshChesh, on 09 October 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

About performance issues - all this features can be implement in a way that does not requir a lot of resurces to handle.

You must be some sort of super expert in CryEngine and know things PGI and the CryEngine people that they work with don't know.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 09 October 2015 - 08:22 PM.

#5 QuulDrah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAachen

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:00 AM

I think the basic problem here is the underlying foundation of MW:O... its connection to BattleTech™.
As long as MW:O is based on BattleTech, the basic core rules of BattleTech will have to apply.

PGI can't just introduce arbitrarily chosen new mechanics for mech pilots without breaking that link. Tweaking the balance to make it a playable game? yes. Creating an BattleTech RPG from scratch? unlikely

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users