#1 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:19 AM

Good morning,

The new Loyalty 'Mech Underlying Armor Pattern looks like fish scales in the dying sunlight, sort of a gold-ish rainbow-ish oily color. I can't put on more than the Low setting in MWO AND be able to play, right now, and that armor pattern, though it's tons of hexagons and I would love it, looks horrible. I turned my settings up to high while out of game to take a look at it, and tried to perform my modifications, then, and it still looks really bad.

The hexagons do not take the pattern or the paint very well, so is there a way to improve that?

Alternately, is there a way to simply shut off the underlying armor pattern?

Don't get me wrong, I love the pattern because of how it ties to the board game, but it looks terrible, at this point.

#2 VortexD

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:23 AM

No clue just started like 2 weeks ago....But I read a post from over 6 months ago that said they are considering giving people the ability to put other camo on invasion variants ....that post was from 6 months ago!!! SO i assume its not happening.

#3 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:13 AM

View PostVortexD, on 12 October 2015 - 05:23 AM, said:

No clue just started like 2 weeks ago....But I read a post from over 6 months ago that said they are considering giving people the ability to put other camo on invasion variants ....that post was from 6 months ago!!! SO i assume its not happening.

You can change the camo pattern, the problem is that the hexes are part of the mech geometry. Any pattern that you add will still have that texture underneath it.

OP: I would also appreciate the ability to change that. You can't really customize the mechs, since the patterns don't really show up.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users