For The Love Of God, Stop Abandoning Your Assaults.

3 replies to this topic

#1 The Red Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:03 AM

Seriously, time and time again I go up to the front line in an assault to help out and do my job, kick butt and soak up damage for my teammates. However, every single time I get there, 30 seconds in, I look at my map and everyone is leaving, me by myself, or with another assault, are surrounded by 10 guys and we just get incinerated. Then my teammates complain about us losing the match. How about this: follow and stay with your freaking assaults. I am sick and tired of being abandoned. You want me to do my job as an assault? Then follow through with your end of the plan, instead of running away at the slightest sight of an enemy.

#2 Tsar Bomba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:06 PM

View Postmrripley9, on 12 October 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Seriously, time and time again I go up to the front line in an assault to help out and do my job, kick butt and soak up damage for my teammates. However, every single time I get there, 30 seconds in, I look at my map and everyone is leaving, me by myself, or with another assault, are surrounded by 10 guys and we just get incinerated. Then my teammates complain about us losing the match. How about this: follow and stay with your freaking assaults. I am sick and tired of being abandoned. You want me to do my job as an assault? Then follow through with your end of the plan, instead of running away at the slightest sight of an enemy.

They aren't going to stay with the slowest mech in the game. It's not going to happen. That's not how multiplayer internet gaming works, and it never will. MAYBE in a guild/clan, but even then it's more likely they are going to tell you to keep up.

Do your best to keep up and don't try to lead the way. You're too slow to pull out if there's six mechs over that hill or around that corner and you're much more likely to get stuck on terrain than the littler guys (even though you have the biggest legs and should be able to cruch/step over annoying terrain). Stay in the middle and help the better mechs. Assaults are second class in MWO and don't think for a second they aren't.

#3 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:11 PM

A friend and I have taken to walking circles around assault mechs (in maps that allow it) as they plod on. we stick with the Assaults, They get some 360 Degree cover, and we get to act like jackasses till the fight starts.

everyone Wins.

Except when they don't.

#4 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

Closing duplicate as the other thread has more feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users