Persistent Game World

7 replies to this topic

#1 Nimblewright

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationElgin, Illinois

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

I've read and heard people talking about the persistent game world. What does this actually do for you in game? Does it boost c-bill count upon winning on a planet/map you control, or are you more likely to get better exp?

How does this or how do you think this will change with the introductions of the clans? I know the intersphere didn't just make nice overnight when the clans dropped in but they for the most part worked together. I'm just wondering what the benefits (if any) will be for conquering border worlds etc.

Any ideas or actual news on this would be appreciated :)

#2 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

A persistent world means that if we take Trellwan, we control it's resources (limited as they are)... at least, until someone else decides to take it.

We get to actually impact the 'universe' if it's persistent.

#3 CasualT

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Well, according to the Battletech lore, in 3049 (Which is this year) the clans have already started showing up in periphery planets. Phelan Kell also gets abducted in 3049, fighting against a Timber Wolf.

So, what I am saying is there a chance that we could run into them such as the Kell Hounds did?

Edited by CasualT, 08 July 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#4 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostCasualT, on 08 July 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

Well, according to the Battletech lore, in 3049 (Which is this year) the clans have already started showing up in periphery planets. Phelan Kell also gets abducted in 3049, fighting against a Timber Wolf.

So, what I am saying is there a chance that we could run into them such as the Kell Hounds did?

If I had to guess.. I'd guess that initially, all of our encounters (since the game is PvP only, and we can't play the Clans yet) will be in other Theaters of Operation (Davion/Kurita border, Davion/Liao Border, etc..etc..)

#5 Nimblewright

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationElgin, Illinois

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

I'm more interested in what the bonuses will be for holding those border worlds. When the clans come in how would we defend them etc.

#6 Sept Wolfke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

this is news to me about the 'persistent' nature of the different planets - I >really< like the sound of this mechanic. 2 thumbs up on the idea.

#7 Tenrai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDeep in Davion controlled space aboard the Overlord class dropship Nobara

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

I think for every world that you control you get an Urbimech...Another way to the the Urbi into the game!!!

#8 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

I'm sure it's news to you only because they're kinda putting it on hold as of late. Should show up post-launch.

For more details on the persistent world, check this dev blog.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users