Mech Of The Week Challenge 7: Close Shave

6 replies to this topic

#1 Scodo

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

The rules of the thread are simple:
The Mech should fit in with the theme, or be related in some way through either the visual design or the employment on the battlefield. If you have an idea for a theme you'd like to see please send it to me in a private message.

The Mech should be something you design and draw specifically for the challenge, not something you already had lying around.

Art can be 2D, 3D, in any medium you prefer. They can be rough sketches, vector line art, full color, what have you. ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE WELCOME!!!

WIP shots are allowed, but please keep the thread clean and only poster another WIP if you have made significant progress.

This week's challenge: A Close Shave. Your mech should show near-fatal battle damage, missing limbs, exposed internal structure, etc... And it should still be firing weapons. Bonus points for giving it a zombie themed name if you design your own, but you may also draw a pre-existing mech for this challenge.

#2 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

In before obvious Caldron-Born. :)

#3 Daekar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Has anybody read "The Horned King"...? Nice undead antlered warrior-king might work. Barrow-wights and Ringwraiths are undead... hrmmm... lots of possibilities indeed. Sucks that Cauldron-Born is already taken. :-)

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

I have fallen so far behind the curve on these since Black Friday. :) I do have a Airplane themed one almost done.... this one sounds cool so will have to give it a whirl as soon as I can.

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

OK.. so.. I couldn't resist doing the Black Knight......

Posted Image

#6 Fury9er

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image

Here is my offering, a rather less-than-fresh 'phract with a few breaches to the armour and one or two critical hits ;) The uAC5 is feeding and firing perfectly however.
ruined 'phract by Fury9er, on Flickr

#7 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

My poor old Phrqact has resembled that one on more than one instance...... minus the waste of weight UAC5......... (See you had me going until you showed a NON-JAMMED UAC)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users