Marauder And Warhammer Variants Incorrect

3 replies to this topic

#1 Trifler

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:25 AM

Both the Marauder and Warhammer pages list "3 Standard Variants" plus "1 Special Variant" but these packs do not, in fact, give a standard WHM-6R and a special WHM-6R. They replace the standard variant with the special WHM-6R. So technically, the Collector's Pack should only list the -6D and -7S under "Standard Variants".

Not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it so someone can fix it.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:29 AM

Have you actually read the pages for those packages?

The Collector packages specifically state that they include four BattleMechs and four Mech Bays. So they do indeed include three Standard variants and one Special variant. The Special variant of each is a duplicate of one of the Standard variants, but includes a custom pattern and a 30% C-Bill boost.

It doesn't make sense that the more expensive package would include the same number of 'Mechs.

Nothing needs to be fixed.

And I didn't see anything on Twitter about your assertion. A big thing like that, they would announce it somewhere. Got an official source?

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 13 October 2015 - 10:31 AM.

#3 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:12 AM

It's just like the UrbanMech pack before them. Standard package offers the three standard variants, while the Collector's package adds the one (which makes sense, otherwise people who order one and then upgrade later would get an additional 'Mech that those who only bought top-tier right away would not get).

So no, like DC said, nothing needs to be fixed. :P

#4 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:37 PM

The UrbanMech package was a goof that PGI has now made the standard for things like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users