- - - - -

Cant Add Endo/dhs To My Mech

9 replies to this topic

#1 Pulguito

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

Ok well I recently baught a Victor-9B and want to add an XL engine, ando steel, and double heat sinks.
Saved up my money and now have 1.7 mil. But it won't allow me buy endo steel or double heat sinks. I bought double heat sinks on my atlas just wont let me here. (doubles cost 1.5 and endo cost 800k)
I can strip the Victor down naked and it STILL won't let me buy endo.
Click on mechlab, choose the Victor, clicked loadout, go over and select the configure upgrades tab, go down and select structure, select endo-steel structure... but the select button on the botton is greyed out. (The mech is naked other than armor, no weapons, no nothing so I knows is not a slots issue)

Sometimes it allows me to select it and asks if I want to save this configuration but it then goes to the mechlab when I hit yes and nothing has changed. Still have all my money and the mech is still the same.

What am I doing wrong?

Not a vet here, only been playing a week or so and some of this stuff is not obvious to me lol

#2 Kennoir

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

Try to drag and drop instead of double clicking. its the only thing i can imagine at the moment

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

Let's see a screenshot of the mech and the upgrade tab

A picture is worth a thousand c-bills

#4 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

You have to drag the "Endo-Steel" tab on the right over into your "armor" slot on the left. If this is what you've been doing, it sounds like you might have a network error. If it still doesn't work, submit a bug report to support@mwomercs.com.

#5 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

Is it highlighted in green on the menu? If its in red, then that means either one of 3 things:

- you don't have enough Cbills (which you do, so you're good there)
- you don't have enough tonnage (this only really applies when going back from Endo steel to standard)
- you don't have enough extra critical slots available

So i'm guessing you need to free up some crit slots first.

#6 Dalziel Hasek Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire, UK

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

Instead of just selecting Endo Steel, click and drag it with the mouse from the right menu over to the structure slot on the left. It's a drag and drop process, not just selecting if I recall correctly. Give it a go and see if that works for you.

#7 Drunken Fraggle

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCalifornia & Washington, US

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:27 PM

I know this an old topic, I think it's as close to my situation as possible, since I can't find for the life of me, how to add the "Endo Steel" upgrade to my first mech... Can't seem to add pics to this reply so here is the link to my screen shot on deviant art

http://gothy-smurf.d...lp001-566286567

I notice my "LOADOUT" section G.U.I. doesn't quite look like anything I see on youtube or any other place where I'm looking for an answer,,,

Dragging the grey colored option in any direction doesn't seem to do anything... I just bought this mech and want to upgrade it, double clicking the grey colored option on the "Upgrades" doesn't do anything either...

basically my question is... " How in Kell Hounds to I upgrade to "ENDO STEEL", "FERRO FIBROUS" and such?
,, is there by chance something I don't see that should be here, or am I on the wrong screen completely?

#8 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:33 PM

On clan mechs you cant change those settings. they are how they are. (part of the whole Clan OP thing [/sarcasm])

#9 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:44 PM

View PostStormie, on 14 October 2015 - 09:33 PM, said:

On clan mechs you cant change those settings. they are how they are. (part of the whole Clan OP thing [/sarcasm])

This. Without the sarcasm part.

Clan OmniMechs have fixed engines, jump jets, internal structure type, and armor type. You can change armor points and OmniPods.

Which, by the way, is actually quite accurate to the tabletop rules for OmniMechs (except for the adjustable armor points thing).

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 14 October 2015 - 09:51 PM.

#10 Drunken Fraggle

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCalifornia & Washington, US

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:50 PM

I must have missed that part, I thought I did my homework, Thanks... Silly me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users