17 replies to this topic

#1 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:43 PM

Every time I use the LFG tool, there's no one in there.

So I'm just curious and wondering a few things:
  • Why aren't there more groups looking for players?
  • Why doesn't the LFG tool show single players also waiting to be put into a group? (You must first make a group in order to see these people. Not exactly the signs of good design...)
  • And, why aren't there more people in the queue? (at the time of posting, I only spot one. Upon coming home from work, I only saw three.)
My reasons? It's not because I don't like the LFG tool, or think it's not useful, but I don't because I loathe dropping in group queue. What's yours?

I guess the usefulness of LFG is dependent on people actually using it, but the reasons behind why it's not used more often are plenty:
  • Players looking for a group don't see any groups, so they use it less
  • Groups looking for players don't see any players, so they use it less (both the former and this happen simultaneously. And this never rebounds until it's absolutely essential to meet a requirement)
  • Group queue is meh to begin with (making the population actually interested in actively finding a group very small)
  • Lack of a Global chat in home screen (I believe this does affect how groups and players interact and how involved each person(s) are with each other. I think a venue to spam your clan to some degree that new players see is involvement that we don't have, and it would actually be good to have that, and this kind of involvement is essential to community growth)
Your thoughts? LFG tool works well, but it needs improvement. Likewise, the group queue could use some improvements to bolster player interest.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:51 PM

We only use lfg to pull people into our group when they're not on a friends list. Other than this I see no reason to pull people out of the lfg. You might as well get what ever the match maker gives you.

Really anyone using the lfg should just join a faction and then join their factions TS server.

#3 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:18 PM

I really would like to add a little comment before opening my group so people know where they join.

"tryhard meta group here"
"leveling mechs"
"its ze germäns hier!"
"we're all drunk so don't join sober"
"casual group with own TS"
"heavies locked, all others welcome"

something like these would help much, especially telling the languages of the TS would be helpful.
At least you know a bit more before you join a random group.

Edited by 627, 13 October 2015 - 11:19 PM.

#4 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:02 AM

View Post627, on 13 October 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

I really would like to add a little comment before opening my group so people know where they join.

"tryhard meta group here"
"leveling mechs"
"its ze germäns hier!"
"we're all drunk so don't join sober"
"casual group with own TS"
"heavies locked, all others welcome"

something like these would help much, especially telling the languages of the TS would be helpful.
At least you know a bit more before you join a random group.

%100 agree. Being able to give a brief description of yourself is a must.

Also, individuals should be able to see others and thus form a grp.

#5 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:43 AM

Everyone is in solo anyways even though your constantly told its a team game. If it was a team game CW and group would be full.

When you constantly see the expert team forum warriors in solo you understand the hypocrisy of it all. I see the lot of them synch into solo to farm as always.

It's not a team game. It's farmville for exploitwarriors.

#6 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:49 AM

People are convinced that groups are the scary devil so they refuse to even acknowledge there's a group queue.

#7 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:56 AM

View Postsycocys, on 14 October 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

People are convinced that groups are the scary devil so they refuse to even acknowledge there's a group queue.

I gave up on group when I saw how most teams are in love with themselves and rigid on requirements. Like it matters.
Then the contract thing burned my butt. Not guessing what clowns I drop with and pay a penalty because I don't like their operation. If PGI would let solo's do a ride a long type deal then you would be able to choose the best fit. Let us contract per match with reduced earnings till we find a home.

It's supposed to be fun not work.

#8 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:09 AM

View Postsycocys, on 14 October 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

Plus, this tool and the others added were put in just for the solo's to form groups to play in group queue and CW - to put them on more even footing. Remember, they needed this tool and others! This is what they asked for and wanted to compete with pre-made groups.

As it turns out, this and the other tools that go wasted, were just excuses for bad piloting. It was the lack of these tools that caused the stomps. Now that they have the tools and they still get stomped, they had to make up a new excuse and ta da, 12man boogeymen is born.

#9 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:18 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 14 October 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

Plus, this tool and the others added were put in just for the solo's to form groups to play in group queue and CW - to put them on more even footing. Remember, they needed this tool and others! This is what they asked for and wanted to compete with pre-made groups.

As it turns out, this and the other tools that go wasted, were just excuses for bad piloting. It was the lack of these tools that caused the stomps. Now that they have the tools and they still get stomped, they had to make up a new excuse and ta da, 12man boogeymen is born.

Why are you seen in solo que then?

#10 Black Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:19 AM

I think coupling LFG with fixed group queue numbers (4, 8, 12) would be interesting as you would be able to fill up the group.
Adding group name like suggested above is a good idea, maybe it's a too obvious idea for PGI to notice ;-)

#11 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:23 AM

LFG T5 toasters, that like to play cooparatively and upgrade Toasters into Hamburgres.

#12 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:58 AM

I don't think it would be all that difficult for Pgi to add comments to talk about yourself. They really need to improve the ability to communicate in-game. Making Lfg a bit better could go a long way to improving the community. You shouldn't have to go to the forums to find a unit or ppl to play with.

What if Pgi added a "Lfg chat"? Like faction chat but for everyone in Lfg.

#13 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:08 AM

Personally I prefer group queue. The matches tend to be 100% better because everyone actually wants to have a crack at winning rather than have 3 players running around in circles.

My unit is on later than me with my new job - so only on Fri/Sat when I'm not up to other things.
LFG is empty because so many solo players are convinced group queue is nothing but meta-****** (its really not - sometimes? sure, most of the time its just people playing the mech they feel like playing).

If you other guys are on 5-10PM CST and want group drops add me and send me a message though, I'd gladly drop with other people that want to play as a team. --after at least a day or two of the PTS naturally, really interested in checking that out.

#14 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:21 AM

Group queue is too hard to play with a bunch of complete strangers. I'm sure none of the 1337 teams picks random players on the LFG tab, so it's like playing Solo Queue against big premades to get rekt over and over. Nobody likes that, i'm pretty sure.

#15 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostAscaloth, on 14 October 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Group queue is too hard to play with a bunch of complete strangers. I'm sure none of the 1337 teams picks random players on the LFG tab, so it's like playing Solo Queue against big premades to get rekt over and over. Nobody likes that, i'm pretty sure.

The thing of it is, you actually don't see these teams super frequently, and even less so during the higher population times. If more people would actually drop in group queue they'd show up as rarely as they actually are rare in terms of the overall population.

#16 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:36 AM

View Postsycocys, on 14 October 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

The thing of it is, you actually don't see these teams super frequently, and even less so during the higher population times. If more people would actually drop in group queue they'd show up as rarely as they actually are rare in terms of the overall population.

Well...i do. Around 50% of my group drops are against big premades or 1337 teams :wacko: ... I guess i'm just unlucky

#17 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

You also probably play a lot more group queue than 90% of the playerbase, so maybe the MM is actually attempting to send you other 1's and 2's lol. I'd be amazed if it was, probably more likely just unlucky and your time is when the rest of the queue is low.

The times I drop - 5-10pm CST, it starts out with a few larger groups but pretty quickly it becomes mixed groups on both sides. Generally never run with more than 5-6 players unless its a Friday/Saturday night and and event on.

Edited by sycocys, 14 October 2015 - 11:28 AM.

#18 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:02 PM

From a solo player point of view (myself) LFG makes no sense, grouping with random people will just make the game harder since you'll play against organized groups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users