New To Mwo Mech Role Help

21 replies to this topic

#21 JonahGrimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostFreebirthToad18999, on 15 October 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

^ This. Some of my most enjoyable games have been in an autocannon Gargoyle (generally not exactly fearsome) or an Urbanmech (released more or less as a joke but can be built dangerously [ie, 2 ERLL and 4 MG, or an AC20])

ABSOLUTELY. My best mech is a SHC-B, and it will tear you apart while leaping around like a kangaroo. (ERPPC, 2x6-CSSRM)

The point of the game is fun, really - don't worry too much about 'meta'. If something you build works for you, that's the best mech you can run, full stop.

#22 ApexX Ataraxxia

Rookie

• The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 7 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:00 PM

View PostKoniving, on 15 October 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

To demonstrate what Jimmy stated on fast mechs:
Cicada X-5 (basically a 40 ton Jenner), LRMs + PPC.
Jenner aggressive support-recon. Very old video, 2012, but bunny hopping Jenner with LRMs + lasers.
LRM Commando -- also very old. Post ECM.
LRM Commando before ECM -- this is also an ancient video but placed because of relevance: it is what you're about to face in upcoming patches -- ECM will delay locks not prevent them.

Thanks so much for this guys! I really like the sound of the Cicada and the looks of it in the video! Also thanks for clearing up the LRM not being static. I figured each team would have 1-2 that just loaded up and LRMs and Ammo and just sat there firing off missiles haha. I've started playing the Trial Direwolf and I enjoy it. Still struggling to figure out how to play it correctly haha. I also like the Maddog's set up. I like the mix of Lasers and other weapons. Ive been looking at the King Crab beacuse I love the way it looks and from what I can tell its Ballistic Focused!
Thanks everybody who is posting here! I know the meta isn't and end all and to pick what works. I just wanted as much information as I could get to make a better decision and you guys have loaded me up haha! Thank you for all the talk and help!! :)

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users