Final Day To Qualify For Inner Sphere And Clan Top Tier Rewards!

36 replies to this topic

#21 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:46 PM

Somehow, I don't think that ANYBODY who can afford to buy mech packs and has not bought them yet, will... and just to get a special cammo on a mech..

Highly unlikely..

But hey... The Piranha must feed on something..

#22 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:58 PM

I bought Resistance 1, but it was before January, so I don't qualify for Zeus
Bought Urbie and Maraudeur packs... but Not collector pack, so I don't qualify, again, for Zeus
Seems my money is worth less because I don't spend it when they want or how they want.
Shame.

#23 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:27 AM

Sadly the Zeus more or less sucks and the new omnipods the Executioner comes with are lackluster at best as the chassis sucks with low-hanging, arm mounted ballistics. Speaking of which, contrary to most heavies all the fixed equipment prevents the EXE to mount two reasonable (considering it's an assault!) ballistics with ammo and backup weapons anyway.

I think Vellron hit the nail on the head - nobody who could have done so already will buy any stuff right now for hard earned money just to qualify for two more or less bad mechs regardless if they're free and coming with a CBill bonus.

Hell, I am even not buying any mechs for CBills atm because of the BIG uncertainess the announced changes in mechanics and quirk changes produces.

#24 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,468 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:19 AM

I would rly upgrade to Executioner but so long as I cannot upgrade to endosteel or remove masc and jump jets, no.

#25 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:52 AM

PGI: You still have time to give us more money!

Community: Uh... No thanks, not after everything we've seen. Here is some feedback about why we won't be giving you more money: reason a, reason b, reason c.

PGI: ...

Community: Hello? Can you hear us?

PGI: ...

Community: Hello?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the people posting their true thoughts and feelings: Thank you.
Thank you for attempting to tell the developers what is wrong and what needs to change so that we have a better MechWarrior experience. Just take it from someone who has been trying to do so for a long time now: Don't hold your breath waiting for a response or a change.

#26 MHMarx

• Pip
  • Kommandant-General
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:01 AM

Come on... PGI is not considering this an weekend event right?
And there's a surprise event for this weekend, right?

Or this is going to be another weekend without an event, or a good reason to play Mechwarrior online and not other online game?

#27 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:04 PM

It's cool that you GIVE those mech to the people who have already bought the pack.

I would very much like to buy an Exec with the camo patern and a cbill boost but im not paying 170$ for one mech. I paid 10buck for the Cicada, ill give no more than 15 for the Exec with both camo and boost.

Again, it's a nice gift to get after you paid for something you wanted. It's however no incentive for the rest of us who didnt want to get the pack in the first place but would like to pay for the new mech.

#28 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:40 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 16 October 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

It's cool that you GIVE those mech to the people who have already bought the pack.

I would very much like to buy an Exec with the camo patern and a cbill boost but im not paying 170$ for one mech. I paid 10buck for the Cicada, ill give no more than 15 for the Exec with both camo and boost.

Again, it's a nice gift to get after you paid for something you wanted. It's however no incentive for the rest of us who didnt want to get the pack in the first place but would like to pay for the new mech.

Yes and no, if you bought qualifying packs prior to January? You don't get squat. Which is both head scratching and incredibly a slap in a face to early adopters.

#29 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:29 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 15 October 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

Somehow, I don't think that ANYBODY who can afford to buy mech packs and has not bought them yet, will... and just to get a special cammo on a mech..

Highly unlikely..

But hey... The Piranha must feed on something..

Piranha is heavily overfed with horrible prices for badly animated mechs with badly set hitboxes, etc. ... If they are not able to make something more interesting(and believe me they are not) it would be to good to make existing work well and without these horrible issues they are making.
For prices they are charging people it is simply mockery!

#30 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:44 AM

Well....another weekend without a challenge event going on.

I was wishing that these loyalty mechs would have a cool camo like the original set. Ohhh welll....

#31 Kivatu

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:32 AM

Is this like the (L) atlas,cent and and crab mech? Limited but suddenly offered again after a few months.yeah i got a pair of those three.'sigh'.wont be tricked to buy top tier just to get anything 'limited' again, felt like a suckerpunch

#32 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:06 AM

save your money...
Not a single variant is worth it

#33 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostReitmeier, on 19 October 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

save your money...
Not a single variant is worth it

QFT, thread closed

Edited by Antares102, 19 October 2015 - 07:40 AM.

#34 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:49 AM

It's more of a dangling thing if yoh were really on the fence for buying a pack. That extra mech might make it worth it to you...

I F*ing love my Nova n.n Pretty happy having another c-bill boosted Koala too n.n The other mechs are fun.... But I'll never use them again after I elite them. Either way, I am quite thankful for the free mechs :3 Nice little bonuses for having bought other stuff I love. Wave III is awesome, the Urbie is a blast, and I can't wait for my Marauder n.n oooh, and my Jenner IIC! :D

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 19 October 2015 - 07:51 AM.

#35 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

I love my executionner and my nova. Both are nice.
The Cicada... Well, I think I'm going to do the "Noisy Cricket" with him.

The Zeus... No comment.
The wolwerine is currently in a great depression. He is lamenting because he is useless and can't help me win à fight.

I feel bad for him, really... The Zeus is with him.

#36 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 19 October 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

I love my executionner and my nova. Both are nice.
The Cicada... Well, I think I'm going to do the "Noisy Cricket" with him.

The Zeus... No comment.
The wolwerine is currently in a great depression. He is lamenting because he is useless and can't help me win à fight.

I feel bad for him, really... The Zeus is with him.

My wolverine is a vicious little in-fighter... I solo Atlas with it pretty regularly... It's got an LB10x, 2SRM6, and a MPL. It's pretty good.... I just don't like it.... MASC is nice...

Zeus is a tank. I can't believe how mich damage it endures... Just, again, not my style...

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 19 October 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#37 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:39 AM

View PostTankenka, on 25 October 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

Maybe I missed this... but...

I own the Wrath Pack... have all the Urbie mechs (via the pack)... bought creds this year...

But didn't get any rewards AT ALL.

So... anyone who purchased Wrath early (prior to Jan 1st) is SOL?

Just wondering how this thing worked... I keep re-reading the announcement, but I'm certain I've missed some things about this event.

You should get SOME things.... If you've played 100 matches since Jan 1st you should get the cbill bonus, if you bought MC since then, you would get the Cicada. I believe purchasing the urbie pack should net you the Wolverine...

And yes, buying the Wrath prior to 1/1/15 would net you a goose egg. I personally think in the future they should base their years off of their anniversary, instead of calendar year, otherwise there's a 3 month gap where buying things doesn't net you any loyalty perks for either year. But they can't go back on it now, lest the people who might have bought aomething so they could qualify feel cheated in turn...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users