69 replies to this topic

#61 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:44 AM

At times its come to a point where I gesture with the mechs hands just to get a point a cross. Motioning "Left-left" for other players not in my group to say "After you/Lets go."

I also love how we're trashing folks in the lower tiers 4 and 5. Paul did say "Its not a ranking system" Yeah. Right. We're already assuming that the lower tiers don't communicate. Those inferior beings! How dare they remain silent. Let's mock them for being silent and attempting to communicate. The Heathens!

Edited by rolly, 17 October 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#62 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:47 AM

If you died, you were probably out of position. Unfortunately, the only good strategy for a solo player or less than a lance is to stay with the group. So, if you call out for help you are basically telling everyone that you screwed up which is embarrasing, or what's worse, you expect everyone to bail you out when they did the right thing. Best to die and not say anything and everyone else on the team assume you went down fighting.

Of course, totally different if you are on a unit with many in the same game. Then by all means call your friends.

#63 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:59 AM

View Postrolly, on 17 October 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

At times its come to a point where I gesture with the mechs hands just to get a point a cross. Motioning "Left-left" for other players not in my group to say "After you/Lets go."

I also love how we're trashing folks in the lower tiers 4 and 5. Paul did say "Its not a ranking system" Yeah. Right. We're already assuming that the lower tiers don't communicate. Those inferior beings! How dare they remain silent. Let's mock them for being silent and attempting to communicate. Heathens.

I bring up tier because it's a night and day difference between comp players and casual players. A tier 1 player and a tier 4 player talking about the effectiveness of LRMs might as well be speaking a different language. So it's not out of arrogance that I bring it up, it's so people have a frame of reference of what I'm speaking of.

#64 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostTarogato, on 16 October 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

By the time you realise you're in trouble, it's usually too late anyways. Most people don't just drop everything they're doing and type in chat "HELP ASSAULTS F4" ... they try to put up a fight in the 10 seconds before inevitably going down.

This.

I would have agreed with OP 18+ months ago

But TTK is so fast now... its either organized voice comms or chaos and death

#65 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:03 AM

While english is a popular Business-Language and teached all over the world native english is a fraction of the World Population with less than 400 Million People be native english speakers so you wont have more than 1 primetine (USA/Canada)with a majority of native english speakers and a fraction of these Players will have the knowledge or take this game that serious to bother.

And imho many US-Americans are not native english speakers as well...so the true number of "natives" is even lower.

Edited by Thorqemada, 17 October 2015 - 07:53 AM.

#66 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:19 AM

How to do well in solo que:

#1. Up your rear armor, no one is watching your back, they're more than likely going to shoot you there.
#2. Don't ever commit, no one will back you up or commit with you.
#3. Don't try to help stupid players, you'll get yourself killed and even if you do help him, you'll have half armor and he'll do something else stupid.
#4. Use them for bait. You know your team will do stupid pug stuff and so will your opponents. Figure out how to take advantage of that.

#67 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:55 AM

When I die I say...

Posted Image

#68 EightBitKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:27 PM

Coms are a rare thing these days. I think adding how to use them to the tutorial would be a good idea. Maybe have an A.I. tells you where to aim to help take down mechs and then a message like " communication is the key to victory press 'CAPS' to talk to your team mates' it might help get people using comms. I don't care what tier you're in there will always be people not using coms. As long as you at least listen to what's being said who cares. Also I've always held firm if you're not going to lead/communicate you have no right to b****** about losing. Lead first b***** after. :).

Edited by EightBitKnight, 17 October 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#69 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:33 PM

View PostEightBitKnight, on 17 October 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

Coms are a rare thing these days. I think adding how to use them to the tutorial would be a good idea. Maybe have an A.I. tells you where to aim to help take down mechs and then a message like " communication is the key to victory press 'CAPS' to talk to your team mates' it might help get people using comms. I don't care what tier you're in there will always be people not using coms. As long as you at least listen to what's being said who cares. Also I've always held firm if you're not going to lead/communicate you have no right to b****** about losing. Lead first b***** after. :).

I absolutely agree. I really don't care what direction we go or what the plan is as long as there is one. People complaining about no strategy without suggesting one is great. It's like people on here complaining and complaining but not offering an alternative.

#70 AnimosityMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 207 posts
  • LocationRight behind that rock over there.

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 16 October 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

I'm sure this has happened to all of us on the solo queue.

Question is: why? Why not message? Why not use voice comms? Why not even a single fart to let team know you are in trouble?

Dead men tell no tales.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users