Re-Balance Phase 2 Pts Now Over

27 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:35 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,
Phase 2 of the Re-Balance Public Test Session is now complete! Thank you to all pilots who participated in this session, and for anyone who contributed to the discussions in the PTS sub-forum!
The sub-forum will remain open for continued discussion.
As outlined in the Phase 2 post, we will be running a third test session soon.

#2 luigi256

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:38 AM

Can we expect future PTS sessions to be as long? This one was about 5 days long I believe.

#3 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:03 AM

There were a lot of good things to come out of PTS Phase 2. I look forward to seeing what the PTS Phase 3 looks like.

Always happy to provide as detailed of feedback as possible.

#4 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:04 AM

I'm torn because by it being so spaced out it seemed to be difficult bring a lot of players together, but make it too short and peeps will miss out...

They need some small play (4v4, 8v8) scenarios for testing at the least...

#5 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:20 AM

Need to shut down main server so that people actually go to the PTS.

#6 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:23 AM

Definitely appreciate the slightly longer test window. Still didn't get to play much, but I think there were some interesting ideas tested this time around, and some good suggestions came up on the forum.

#7 UberStuka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 277 posts
  • LocationBRANDON, MISSISSIPPI

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:33 AM

PTS 3 after Halloween please..

Lets get another tourney going

How about a "scary damage" event

Top damage = Top leaderboard

Edited by UberStuka, 19 October 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#8 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 441 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:08 AM

Yep i tried it 3 times, but wasn't able to get into a game. Even with long wait-times.

Maybe 8v8 would be an idea or something else.
Promoting 3 timed "happy hours" ?

#9 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 486 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:19 AM

It's a pity, everyone I know who was doing the PTS said they were doing it non stop, but they were able to do so particularly because they had grouped in a TS lobby, had enough people and were doing private matches. They also suggested doing LFG, which supposedly no one was using...everyone was dropping as per normal group and solo matchmaking, or so I hear - not having been able to update my PTS.

In regards to using the PTS, they really probably should put that out there... go on Team Speak or LFG, get enough people together who have either premium time or just can make up two private match teams, and drop that way in numbers like 4v4, 8v8 which you CAN do on private match lobby if you get premium time.

I was under the impression that when you got free MC and C-bills, you could use the mc to buy premium activation, in order to be able to at least specifically on the PTS, be using the private match function to drop in whatever combos you have available of people. Someone else said, no, premium time has to be activated overall from the account and none of it comes back to you, even if you only dropped on the PTS... so there is that, they should make the modification so that the PTS believes everyone is running active premium time, it's not like it really matters BECAUSE you don't get that XP, or Cbills after all. Just a little tweak opens up the ability to have more unique matches and duels while that PTS is active. Want to really try 10v12? Want to do a single star of clan mechs vs. 3 lances Inner Sphere? Stock mode for all? Do it, make it possible.

#10 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:21 AM

It is good they allow us to help and hopefully listen to our gripes, suggestions, and praise. Just seeing the changes that could/could not happen puts me in a bum mood/position because all the work and designs I have put time into tweaking might go up in smoke. Look forward to it, but not.

#11 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:26 AM

Must say, that PTS was the first time I had that much fun playing Mechwarrior since early closed Beta.

I didn't catch whether there was a PTS announcement in the Pop-Up in Live client, but if there isn't one there, please to add one. We didn't have too many testers on at one time. (I got really familiar with the fighting styles of some players... lol)

#12 FerretboysRevenge

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKelso, WA

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:24 PM

I tried getting in as many games as I could but there were quite a few times that it just sat in queue for an hour or more due to lack of testers. I got in four games and had fun learning the sensor ranges and how ECM worked. I look forward to rebalance PTS3.

#13 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:49 PM

PGI should have the test server up while the patch is loading - perfect time to get a lot more people trying it out

#14 ball0fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQLD australia

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 19 October 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

PGI should have the test server up while the patch is loading - perfect time to get a lot more people trying it out

either that or have a PTS event to win or even have your earnings goto yah main live server account

#15 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:32 PM

PTS Event: Achieve ### Match Score 10 times, get 200MC on live account.

(and so on)

#16 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:46 PM

Thank god its over, hopefully none of the changes make it live...NONE of them.

#17 Anyone00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:48 PM

It was interesting and fun; now I wish there was more than two days I could find a match (and even those days had a long wait time). I want to try some crippling overspecialized builds to exploit the new viability of LRMs; didn't really get the chance.
Yeah, as some have said there needs to be some carrot... but you can't really let people know what the carrot is as to not to change behavior.

#18 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:34 PM

Terrible.

I mean how short do you want it to be?

I dont believe you have enough data to valid or justify the changes.

Edited by Sarlic, 19 October 2015 - 11:35 PM.

#19 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:46 PM

WTF really - i was playn 10-15 games for this times - and 15 min for waiting - and they over it....why?....feedback - 0
next time guys lets play lobby!!!!!!!!!!! witing for 20 min or 1 hour it really crazy - lets create LFG group and then friends and then lobby!

Edited by Leopardo, 19 October 2015 - 11:48 PM.

#20 Vetal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 500 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:18 AM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 19 October 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

I had been trying to participate this test for a week. My client was searching a game for 30mins-2hours per day. I didn't play this pts at all. When did you people play it? Seems like only 20-30 people tested it.
I also don't understand how people could test all 100+ modifications of mechs and 100+ weapons during a week for such amount of matches, in order to say that everything has become already balanced. Especially it concerns quirks removal/modification. maybe you should make some lobby, really, in order to see how many players are at the PTS at the moment, just to save the time of testers, who respect you and your efforts to make game better. And of course it'll be nice if you public some conclusions from people's feedback.

Edited by Vetal, 20 October 2015 - 06:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users