50% Off Select Patterns And Colors Until October 27Th!

40 replies to this topic

#21 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:17 AM

I'll take a look then decide. Have quite a few colours already...

#22 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:23 AM

I'm not sure that I like the new color selection window. It's hard to see all the colors you own.

When you choose to view only the colors you own, all the ones you don't get muted a bit. But it' still hard to see all of the colors that you own. I find myself always having to move the mouse over a lot of colors to see if I own them or not.

Might be better to outline the colors we own in white or something that stands out. Or to make the colors we don't own even harder to see.

Just my 2 cents.

#23 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:49 AM

Love the sale PGI, thank you!

That being said, is there anyway you can get these announcements up with a bit more warning next time? I would have liked to buy the Sherman scheme for one of my Mechs, but its sale is already over. If I had more advance notice, then I could have planned to purchase it. Instead, I chose to play a different game yesterday because I didn't realize that there would be a sale.

Edited by Nightmare1, 21 October 2015 - 06:50 AM.

#24 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 441 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:42 AM

Don't like the mechanich how you apply colors.
And how you pick collors.

It's like all the other things in mech warrior where there is no function, esc enter.
Plz look more into how you build up gui function and keyboard function for a more practical and ease of use.

#25 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

Looks like some new patterns are in order.

By the way once I figures out the new color system I likes it much more. So good work. However if you made the colors I do not own gone,that would be a prize. The issue was I liked some of the mutes colors and wanted them muted only to find out they were not an option and I did not own them.

#26 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:35 PM

I should add I likes some of the muted colors not the colors when all colors are displayed.

#27 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:34 PM

Shame you didn't give more notice and only put each pattern up for a day. You missed out on me buying patterns for a load of mechs because I couldn't get the only one I wanted and I'll never pay full price. Next time just put them all up together for a few days instead of doing a pointless schedule with a date for each. You're just making it needlessly difficult to give you money.

#28 Septi

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:31 AM

Theres a few colors listed as "premium" thats not on sale, seems like all the ones in grey category.

Obsidian black
Gunmetal grey
Battleship grey
Grey
Ash grey
Titanium white

#29 Túatha Dé Danann

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:09 AM

Yes, I'm waiting for Obsidian Black. It should be on sale now, but its still full price. Well, no sale this way then, not my problem.

#30 Smouch

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 17 posts
  • LocationRosevears, TAS.

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:51 AM

I'd like all the colours for c-b's. 1000mc for a colour is a bit extravagant :\

#31 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:28 AM

View PostSepti, on 22 October 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

Theres a few colors listed as "premium" thats not on sale, seems like all the ones in grey category.

Obsidian black
Gunmetal grey
Battleship grey
Grey
Ash grey
Titanium white

Been watching these myself. Coming close to the end of the premium color sale and nothing opened up yet. Might be that they won't open these as more popular thus more MC used up. There is always faction colors that are "close".

#32 Kshat

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:58 AM

Indeed. I got several grey-tones and kinds of black already. I won't buy another shade of the same colour if it isn't on sale.
Especially since there's no reason why they aren't on sale. It says "premium colours" and not "some colours which no one ever bought are on sale".

In my opinion, there are two reasons why some colours aren't part of the sale:

- it is a bug which they're slow to fix
- it's a cheap trick to lure us into thinking "oh, i always wanted THIS colour, yeah! Oh, damn, not on sale despite they said so... okay, whatever. I'll buy it."

Whichever, it's not a situation to create much applause for PGI...

#33 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:48 PM

Why they put on sales like this.

They want money to pay for employees and servers. As well as to turn a profit. That is their business model. It is not hidden or a "Cheap trick". Also they stagger the sale to get people to log on every day. Activity makes the game function. If you miss the color you like it will go on sale again some time in the next 12 months but this is the original model for the game, charge money for vanity not for balance. Come on there were gold mechs for 250. Advertised as having nothing special beside being gold. They never went on sale. So get your color and support the servers and people paid to fix bugs and make more stuff.

#34 Edwyndham

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

View Postshopsmart, on 23 October 2015 - 04:28 AM, said:

Been watching these myself. Coming close to the end of the premium color sale and nothing opened up yet. Might be that they won't open these as more popular thus more MC used up. There is always faction colors that are "close".

Disappointed. Been wanting to pick up a Titanium White.

#35 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:50 PM

View Postzwanglos, on 23 October 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

Disappointed. Been wanting to pick up a Titanium White.

It might be on one of the other days... I am waiting for Obsidian Black, and Marik... something... the one that's really close to Heavy Metal Pink :3 Speaking of... there needs to be a Heavy Metal Pink color...

#36 SolarJet

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLehi, Utah, USA

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

Been wanting to pick up Phranken Red and Titanium White as well. Are these both premium colors? If not what category do they fall under?

#37 Txv900

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:37 AM

They should allow patterns to be used on hero/invasion etc. mechs. Im sure it would help to boost the sales.

#38 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:16 AM

View PostTxv900, on 25 October 2015 - 04:37 AM, said:

They should allow patterns to be used on hero/invasion etc. mechs. Im sure it would help to boost the sales.

Ironically, those are the only Mechs I've ever really wanted to put camos on.

#39 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:30 AM

View PostTxv900, on 25 October 2015 - 04:37 AM, said:

agreed

I have tons of invasion mechs that would love woodland or polynom....

back in december 2014 they said they would allow it... just needed a fix.... almost 12 months later lol

Edited by Karamarka, 25 October 2015 - 09:30 AM.

#40 CH4CH

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:05 AM

The new color pallets is really hard to see the different of my own colors. It will be better for me if I can customized my own colors by the 5 x 10 colors in a grid, that I can grouping my own colors shading.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users