3 replies to this topic

#1 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:41 AM

I was tidying my games shelf (it doesn't get used much in the Steam age of downloadable games) and I found my copy of Mech Commander Gold.

Does anybody here know of a way to get this run on my Windows 10 machine?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,664 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:28 PM

http://www.thegameen...d-on-windows-7/
[color=#404040]
Installation from disc/ISO – Note you’ll still have to have the disc inserted or have the ISO mounted to run the game, unless you find a no-cd executable for the game:
[/color]
  • Windows 7/Vista 32 bit – If simply running setup from the disc/ISO doesn’t work right away, right click on your cd/iso and select explore. Then set the following files to run in Windows 95 compatibility mode and attempt the installation again:
    _ISDL.exe
    CPUID.exe
    SETUP.exe
  • Windows 7/Vista 64 bit – 64 bit Windows does not support 16 bit installers such as the one for Mechcommander gold. There is a workaround though – create a directory named MCG (name is unimportant) and then manually copy the entire contents of your MCG disc/iso into this folder and start the game using MCX.EXE in your new directory.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 October 2015 - 07:29 PM.

#3 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:28 PM

On a side note, MC2 is free to download off the Microsoft servers. As they are also the holders of the Lisence, the download is also legal:

MC2;
http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=11457

As for getting MC1 to run, I believe I just coppied all files to a folder and ran it from there without a problem... but that was ages ago and my memory as to how it actually ran is a bit misty.

#4 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:16 AM

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users