82 replies to this topic

#1 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:14 AM

One of the things that was removed which broke immersion was Repair & Rearm. Now, I agree with most people that it was expensive and unfair to new players who couldn’t afford the repairs to their mech(s).

I propose reintroducing R&R but with time being the only cost required*. I would say 1.0 or 0.5 seconds per point of armor or health of destroyed components is sufficient. Look at Smurphy’s equipment lists and anything with a “Health” rating would be affected in addition to armor and internal structure. If you look, there are quite a few things that wouldn’t be affected by this, engines being the most prominent.

I would entertain a cbill cost to expedite the time duration, but it would need to be thoroughly tested and its only purpose is a cbill sink.

In terms of the available upgrades, FF and ES and Artemis, there is no difference in the time cost between these and the standard equipment.

*Cadets and players with less than 4 mechs are exempt from R&R.

View Postcdlord, on 22 October 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

Look, since this has no bearing on the actual game play, how about making it an option like cockpit glass? Some of you just want to log in and rampage, I'd like a little more immersion into the Battletech universe.... We could all have our cakes and eat it too. :)

Edited by cdlord, 22 October 2015 - 11:43 AM.

#2 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:19 AM

We need relevant game modes to incorporate R&R.

If we can see a Campaign mode, have CW expand further then yes!

It seems that is partly why C-Bill earnings are currently rather low compared to the past. To simulate R&R without having the gory details.

Edited by Praetor Knight, 22 October 2015 - 07:20 AM.

#3 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:20 AM

I liked R&R as a concept, and personally was not negatively impacted by it (had enough mechs/cbills/whatever). But I know the first implementation definitely hurt some accounts/players unfairly.

I'd love if it came back, redesigned to provide immersion without unduly affecting some players and not others. Maybe a time-based thing like OP suggests, with exceptions for players/accounts without a minimum number of purchased mechs. Or something completely different... my brain is too melty right now to suggest anything, other than I like the concept.

#4 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

R&R in CW maybe, not in regular drops.

Would make eliting mechs an unbearably tedious endeavor.

#5 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

I just suggested R&R lol.

Prefer the c-bill version myself, but this wouldn't be bad for across the game.

#6 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 22 October 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

It seems that is partly why C-Bill earnings are currently rather low compared to the past. To simulate R&R without having the gory details.

Nah, PGI just want you to have to buy and spend more MC.

Edited by Appogee, 22 October 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#7 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:24 AM

but.... Wouldnt reload repair lower current cbills income even more ?

I understand vets with 100m+ on account, but...

#8 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:25 AM

I think if cBill gains would be raised, an implementation of repaircosts wouldnt be a bad thing. Even if its just an RPG element.
Rearmcosts would hurt ACs and LRMs (which are both nonmeta right now) even more...

#9 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:26 AM

I love to get punished even more for getting a ****** group in solo queue!

Seriously, leave R&R where it is: gone.

#10 madhermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:26 AM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 22 October 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

We need relevant game modes to incorporate R&R.

If we can see a Campaign mode, have CW expand further then yes!

Seasonal campaigns would be great especially if resource systems were implemented. I was hoping CW wouldve been something like that but.. Ah.. It's not. Shame.

#11 Khorender

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts
  • Locationunderhive

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:36 AM

Not trying to be an a$$ but what immersion?

#12 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:38 AM

They should let you opt into a "Campaign" mode. Where you lose equipment. But have techs that repair equipment. Instead of costing you the full cost of replacing it. You pay based on their skill at repairing. However it also locks you out of those items while they're being repaired. Forcing you to use other mechs or equipment.

They could have weekly missions. Very much like the Dailies of MMOs. Things like "Wolf bounty: Destroy four Timberwolves." Or cap bases or whatever. And it could reward you extra C-bills for completing it. It would improve C-bill gain, but also give people something to complete.

#13 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:39 AM

Our CBill earnings are already crap, and you wanna make em' worse? Fuggettabouttit!

#14 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:40 AM

View Postmadhermit, on 22 October 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

Seasonal campaigns would be great especially if resource systems were implemented. I was hoping CW wouldve been something like that but.. Ah.. It's not. Shame.

Yeah, I've been playing Warframe recently and have been mulling over ideas as to what MWO might try in the future once they get past CW for new game modes.

So it could be a mix of Seasonal Campaigns and also repeatable ones to grind for C-Bills and XP (GXP), aside from the 12v12 matches we have so far.

Once I get a good feel, I'm gonna be sharing ideas somewhere around here!

#15 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostTitannium, on 22 October 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

I wouldn't support a further reduction in cbill earnings to accommodate this. One reason why I used time as the cost, to completely separate it from anything we get now.

#16 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:52 AM

To all commenting that we make too few CBills now... that's why OP suggested a timer-based R&R, and i mentioned how the first R&R didn't work -- that CBill cost hurt some players and didn't impact at all other players. So when the CBill sink that was R&R went away, PGI reduced CBill earnings. The economic math didn't make everyone happy, to say the least.

Anyway, R&R could come back, it could be fun flavor in the game, but it cannot be the original R&R design.

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostTitannium, on 22 October 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

Under the old R&R system I made some money every drop win or loose. In an Atlas ...carrying 11 tons of LRM ammo even during the great depression.

#18 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:59 AM

I would probably stop playing if R&R was implemented in any way that prevented me from playing the mechs I want to play when I want to play them, especially ones I have spent quite a bit of real money to purchase.

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:59 AM

View PostRonan, on 22 October 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

To all commenting that we make too few CBills now... that's why OP suggested a timer-based R&R, and i mentioned how the first R&R didn't work -- that CBill cost hurt some players and didn't impact at all other players. So when the CBill sink that was R&R went away, PGI reduced CBill earnings. The economic math didn't make everyone happy, to say the least.

Anyway, R&R could come back, it could be fun flavor in the game, but it cannot be the original R&R design.

Nothing can make everyone happy. it is one of the only things that isn't a faulty generalization!

#20 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:08 AM

If this was a full fledged Battletech game with real salvage, real contracts, a real economy, and a real reason for R&R? Absolutely. But what we have is a shallow, Mechs for real money, robot shoot'em up without a whole heck of a lot else. Not that it isn't fun, but R&R wouldn't really serve a purpose as anything other than an artificial c-bill sinkhole and a pointless source of frustration for players. Sorry but I gotta vote no on this.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users