- - - - -

Is It Possible To Have The Mech Movement Follow The Mouse

5 replies to this topic

#1 MAJOR NATALYA

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:42 PM

i am so used to playing mechwarrior 4 vengeance where u could just move the mouse and the mech would turn in the direction of the mouse. instead of having to press f to ceter and the like is that possible with MWO if so how? would be so much easier to be able to have my mech move in the direction the mouse is pointing

#2 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:46 PM

I suppose you could remap the F (Center legs to torso) to the middle mouse button and map the throttle to the mouse wheel, then you can drive target and fire all on the mouse alone. As long as you play in the lower tiers you will be fine, but I doubt you will fair well that way vs. the upper tier players. To become competitive at play this game you must learn to independently control your legs from your torso even while moving in forward and reverse.

But yes I suppose you can remap keys to get most of what you are after...

#3 MAJOR NATALYA

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:50 PM

peitty i played the tutorial and this game is way to confusing and ive been playing mech warrior since MW2,3,4 and mercs

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,662 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:24 PM

No, and in the end, you don't really want to do this. It takes some getting used to, but it's much better to use the mouse for aiming and have control over movement separately controlled

#5 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostMAJOR NATALYA, on 25 October 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

peitty i played the tutorial and this game is way to confusing and ive been playing mech warrior since MW2,3,4 and mercs

I highly doubt any of that that you say, I grew up on MW2-3 and 4 and I found the controls to be .. Shockingly similar to MWO.

Just deal with it, you'll be able to refine your movement soon enough, turn off throttle decay and just give it some practice runs.

#6 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:47 PM

View PostMAJOR NATALYA, on 25 October 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

Yes, this game has some systems that take some time to get used to.

But movement shouldn't be one of them -- especially if you've played MechWarrior previous to MW4. Or any of the big-name FPS titles in recent memory. They all control leg movement independent of torso/aiming movement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users