Ac20, Lbx20, Uac 20

79 replies to this topic

#21 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 23 October 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

They would never be able to come up with a way to make it balanced unless they put melee in or had some mechanic to counter falling.

Would be sweet though. Jenner running full speed to knock you over, only to get smashed into the dirt.

Enhanced Gyro module could prevent it :D

#22 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 23 October 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

Bruh, do you even physics?

No, he doesn't even. He's another one of the the "I paid more space money for a fat mech, I should be invincible and omnipotent against mechs smaller than my own!" types of people.

View PostcSand, on 23 October 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

OK if it's a killshot only then

if it kills the light mech, can we add some serious cartwheel physics in so they just yardsale across like 100m?

Sort of like the Cauldron Born old's breakdancing bug that happened almost every time it died? I could agree to that then, because that just serves for eye-candy instead of disrupting game balance.

Edited by FupDup, 23 October 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#23 Duke ramulots

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 164 posts
  • LocationEl Cajon

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:33 PM

Was running through this in my head a while back and think I came up with a decent way to have knockdowns. If a mech takes a point of damage per ton in the span of a half second it has a 50% chance to be knocked down. If it takes 2 points per tonne it has a 100% chance to be knocked down.

#24 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostDuke ramulots, on 23 October 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Was running through this in my head a while back and think I came up with a decent way to have knockdowns. If a mech takes a point of damage per ton in the span of a half second it has a 50% chance to be knocked down. If it takes 2 points per tonne it has a 100% chance to be knocked down.

Sounds like it would add more fuel to the fire of "tonnage creep" where people usually seek to spam bigger and fatter robots. In other words, not needed.

I also don't like the reliance on RNGesus. I get enough of that with MWO's Ultra AC mechanic. :unsure:

Edited by FupDup, 23 October 2015 - 01:35 PM.

#25 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:44 PM

So, since we're talking "if this, then that" if you think a Light should fall from an AC/20 impact, I would like to see an assault Mech fall over and become immobile from losing a leg.

Because 100 tons Balancing on a single leg (the second leg is shattered with no actuators and provides no weight-bearing support) should not be able to walk at all...

#26 Duke ramulots

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 164 posts
  • LocationEl Cajon

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 23 October 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

So, since we're talking "if this, then that" if you think a Light should fall from an AC/20 impact, I would like to see an assault Mech fall over and become immobile from losing a leg.

Because 100 tons Balancing on a single leg (the second leg is shattered with no actuators and provides no weight-bearing support) should not be able to walk at all...

If a 20 ton mech can balance on one leg so can a 100 ton mech.

#27 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostcSand, on 23 October 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

I think it would be great. Add some sober second thought to facehugging with SPLs

I would be fine with it, so long as assaults, mediums and heavies make random rolls as to where they hit a mech.

#28 Queen of England

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

You're not going far enough! Make it work like TT, where every time you take at least 20 damage over a 10 second interval, you have a chance to get knocked over, after which you can make an effort to stand back up once every 10 seconds for every 32.4kph of speed.

Slow assaults will be unplayable. It will be great. Trust me.

#29 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 23 October 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

Only if Lights have knockdown capability on Assaults, Heavies, and Mediums via ramming.

Yep, if someone is going to be able to knock down my Commando, I should get both damage and knockdowns for using it as a 170kph-25 ton ballistic round.

#30 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

The LBX series needs buffing but knockdowns are not acceptable.

#31 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostBurktross, on 23 October 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Trust me, AC/20's already hurt enough for lights :wacko:
This is coming from the guy who has more than enough experience on both ends. The AC/20 is the lighthunting weapon, the only exception being the Clan variants because of non-pinpoint accuracy.

This is true. I have experienced both sides as well. Every time you hit a light with an AC20 there's a decent chance something will pop.

#32 Scar Glamour

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:09 PM

I would say no to knockdown, but yes to more cockpit shake and maybe even a speed drop as the target mech tries to retain balance. It would make hitting lights with slow moving projectile weapons more rewarding.

#33 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:11 PM

I dont remember mech falling down from taking too much concentrated fire being a problem in Mechwarrior 3 or 4 multiplayer. ( and it did happen ) Why should it be a problem here ?

Edit: oh and I don't mean only light mechs here. A stock still ( or backing up )Timber Wolf taking a doulbe helping of UAC20 on the nose should also find itself on it's arse.

Edited by ChapeL, 24 October 2015 - 01:16 PM.

#34 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,952 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:13 PM

Knockdowns should be very rare if at all.

I think something easier would do well though, just like being legged forces your speed way down and you slowly accelerate back up, maybe something similar?

Get hit by an AC-20 or LB-20x and you take a speed hit of say.. 30% for 3 seconds as your gyro tries to recalibrate.

Something fun like that, because Knockdowns do seem more realistic, also seems a bit extreme IMO.

Granted, watching a Spider or Firestarter get thrown to the ground and disco breakdance after being slammed by an AC-20 would be pretty hilarious.

#35 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 23 October 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

The current metric is in place to make the game more forgiving. Losing a leg in MPBT Solaris was like losing an arm in MWO. Completely blown off leaving a pogo stick mech that could barely stand.

-k

#36 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

I vote yes. Perhaps tie the cockpit shake reduction module into reducing the chances of it happening.

#37 Thander Gil

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTulsa,Ok

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:24 PM

Wrong Yeonne.. Knockdown has/had nothing to do with "annoying lights". get over yourself

#38 Lootee

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:40 PM

They should make DFA attacks have a chance of hitting the head and knocking the pilot unconscious just like TT. The snoozing mech can't do anything except lay there on the ground with a completely blacked out screen until the pilot wakes up.

Heavies and assaults are larger and slower therefore much easier to land on than speeding lights. Too bad for them. But wutever, deal with it.

Edited by Lootee, 24 October 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#39 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 23 October 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

Only if Lights have knockdown capability on Assaults, Heavies, and Mediums via ramming.

These are the people that believe running a smart car into a mach truck should cause the truck to roll over. Even running a smart car into a Mach truck at 150kph will just cause the smart car to disintegrate, but is unlikely to knock over the truck.

If you run a Spider into a Dire at 150 kph, the Dire may notice a speed decrease and possibly sustain some minor leg damage. The light should be damn near destroyed, or at the very least, the pilot should be fu*ked up inside the cockpit.

#40 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostRandom Carnage, on 24 October 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

These are the people that believe running a smart car into a mach truck should cause the truck to roll over. Even running a smart car into a Mach truck at 150kph will just cause the smart car to disintegrate, but is unlikely to knock over the truck.

If you run a Spider into a Dire at 150 kph, the Dire may notice a speed decrease and possibly sustain some minor leg damage. The light should be damn near destroyed, or at the very least, the pilot should be fu*ked up inside the cockpit.

Using the comparison of a smart car to a mack truck is quite a hyperbole because the sheer mass difference is far beyond the mass difference betwene mechs in MWO.

Using my Googling powers, an average mack truck weighs about 80,000 pounds (40 English tons). A dinky little smart car weighs about 1,800 pounds. Using my powers of math, this means that the mack truck has 44.4 times more weight than the smart car.

Now let's looks back at MWO. You mentioned a Spider and a Daishi, so I will use those mechs. The Daishi weighs 100 metric tons. The Spider weighs 30 metric tons. This means that the Daishi has 3.3 times the weight of the Spider.

Your comparison was off by a factor of more than thirteen times, which really highlights your superiority complex and fantasies of being invincible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users