- - - - -

Why Aren't Clan Mechs In Their Own Section?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Sardunos

• Pip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:47 PM

New player here. I was looking to purchase one of the Clan Mechs from the store, since I've been seeing that they tend to have better stats, but they are all jumbled up with the other mechs in the store.

Is there a way to see just the clan mechs? Or do I really need to find a list on the internet and cross reference?

Thanks in advance!
:)

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:53 PM

A moment... Collecting screenshot.
Sadly it seems you are quite right. The filter has not yet been implemented in the store. Only the mechlab.

I'll give you a current list:

Lights:
Mist Lynx <-corrected
Arctic Cheetah <--corrected
Kitfox
Adder

Mediums:
Ice Ferret
Shadow Cat
Nova
Stormcrow

Heavies:
Mad Dog
Hellbringer
Ebon Jaguar
Summoner
Timber Wolf

Assaults:
Gargoyle
Warhawk
Executioner
Dire Wolf

Each section listed in order lightest to heaviest.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Koniving, 24 October 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#3 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

The game started off without the clan mechs so the base UI was not designed to accommodate the two separate factions (IS/Clan). I'm guessing they'll get around to updating it (even the current tutorial does not explain clan mechs yet and some of the 'tips' in the loading screens do not apply to clan mechs).

Just some friendly advice to throw in. Look at the following mechs first before deciding to buy something else:
  • Arctic Cheetah (Light)
  • Stormcrow (Medium)
  • Ebon Jaguar (Heavy)
  • Hellbringer (Heavy)
  • Timberwolf (Heavy)
  • Direwolf (Assault)
Also gauge your patience in farming for c-bills (after your cadet bonus runs out) and decide which mech you can afford to buy 3 different variants of (to get elite/master bonuses). If you play for fun (and don't use consumables) the c-bills will pile up and you'll eventually get what you want.

Edited by Elizander, 23 October 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#4 Sardunos

• Pip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

Ah thanks! That makes my search a little easier. I have to say even the web store is just a mess of packages, and tiers and...just tons of stuff. Wish they were better at providing new players with even the basic information of "What do I need?" and "How do I buy it."

#5 Famous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 117 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

You can visually identify Clan 'Mechs in the store, they're mostly gray with a touch of green, IS 'Mechs are mostly green.

Edited by Famous, 23 October 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

View PostSardunos, on 23 October 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

Ah thanks! That makes my search a little easier. I have to say even the web store is just a mess of packages, and tiers and...just tons of stuff. Wish they were better at providing new players with even the basic information of "What do I need?" and "How do I buy it."

Yeah -- the website's store is more of a "donation preorder" center. It usually lists 'packages' of stuff forthcoming (or previously forthcoming) and puts up offers to get them in bundles to fund all the production costs associated with them. In my honest opinion they're better than the ingame "starter packs" found under bundles, if you were to go for the ones already released.

Considering you usually wind up with 12 or more mechs, mechbays, paints, patterns, and other goodies after getting the 'full tier' of those packages (considering the 'MC' shortcut for a 100 ton assault mech is about 30 bucks) is actually an incredible deal. But wait to see if you enjoy the game first.

After completing the tutorials and/or 25 matches you should have enough to buy almost any mech for cbills .

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostFamous, on 23 October 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

You can visually identify Clan 'Mechs in the store, they're mostly gray with a touch of green, IS 'Mechs are mostly green.

This! I paint the living crap out of my mechs so it's been so long I forgot!

IS mech default coloring:
(This screenshot shows the original UI -- it's being used for the color of the machine)
Posted Image

Clan mech default coloring:
Posted Image

(Painted mech; IS Catapult)
Posted Image

Edited by Koniving, 23 October 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#8 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

Koniving the Mist Lynx is lighter than the Arctic Cheetah (25 tons vs 30 respectively)..........

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostSardunos, on 23 October 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

Wish they were better at providing new players with even the basic information of "What do I need?" and "How do I buy it."

If you're serious about these questions:
The first is "Double heatsinks" if you don't have them on the mech already (all Clan mechs come with it).

For how to buy it...
Store - Battlemechs - Find something - "BUY" - "Cbills" - you will be asked to confirm.
Posted Image
Warning, if you have enough "MC" it will add the choice to buy with MC. Make sure to choose buy with cbills.
Posted Image

Cbills is this icon.

(One last painted Catapult; because I'm proud of my Catapults.)
Posted Image
(No this is not a hint to go get them. Sooner recommend Hunchbacks.)

View PostTheSilken, on 23 October 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

Koniving the Mist Lynx is lighter than the Arctic Cheetah (25 tons vs 30 respectively)..........

Cheetah's 30 tons? Thought one was 20.

BAH!
Why'd they super quirk that thing then? I could understand if it was 20 tons...

Edited by Koniving, 23 October 2015 - 04:39 PM.

#10 Famous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 117 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:43 PM

Something I wish someone had told me (or I'd checked this board more thoroughly) selling your chassis should be a last resort! CBills are incredibly precious after your first 25 games (when the bonus stops) and it only takes a couple of mistakes to end up broke and struggling.

Even the cheapest chassis can take 20+ games to afford and once you stop using the Trial 'Mechs it hurts to go back. Also on that note get five wins in Trial 'Mechs before you start tooling around in your own 'Mech. There is an achievement for five wins in Trials that pays out 1,000 GXP IIRC. GXP unlocks wonderful things like 'Mech/Weapon modules or can be used to unlock skills on owned 'Mechs, which makes it much easier to access higher level skills on variants you hate.

#11 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

you'll find the clan mechs under the "EASY" button

#12 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:57 PM

View PostKoniving, on 23 October 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

*Edited for brevity*
Cheetah's 30 tons? Thought one was 20.

BAH!
Why'd they super quirk that thing then? I could understand if it was 20 tons...

It plays like a Commando and a Locust did the fusion dance wrong and came out fat Gogeta style.

I like it quite a bit.

Edited by Tim East, 24 October 2015 - 04:50 PM.

#13 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:40 PM

I cannot beliece no one has mentioned Smurfy yet, Smurfy is the best source for information on MWO, it has an interactive Mechlab which allows you to design any Mech outside MWO and figure out exactly what it will cost, it also has full details on every Mech, weapon and piece of equipment

Sorry posting from my phone and I cannot remember the exact URL but just search for MWO Smurfy and you will find it

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users