Mapping And Landscape

Problems

4 replies to this topic

#1 CptLionKnight

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

I am having issues with the maps. Most of it and buildings aren't shown. Instead, they appear as a set of dots. I recently upgraded my graphics card, so i know its not that and i used the repair tool, so that didnt work either. PLEASE HELP ME! ! !

#2 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

Greetings,

Did you upgrade from a Dx9 card to a Dx11 capable card?
Did you update the Directx files to include 'all' the Dx11 codex?
(you can find them in the system files under 'windows/SysWOW64', and should be listed up to d3dx11_43. (also found in the system32 folder)

- in some cases you may need to delete the (now old or obsolete) 'shaders cache' within the game files.
- this file will be re-captured/created when you start a new session.

Have you re-installed a 'clean' install of the vid cards drivers, from either Nvidia or ATI?
(don't use the 'standard install' path, select the advanced and check off the 'clean' install. It will remove any old drivers and install the new ones. Restart may be required.)
- multi monitors will need to be 'reconfigured' for there use again.

Did you attempt to run the game in Dx9 mode to see if the building were being drawn?
- also you might want to downgrade (temporally) the graphics settings and restart the game, checking to evaluate if it's a graphics settings issue, game files, or drivers problem.

Finally, contact the 'Support' through MWO and you may need to include the last game omicron file, as well as the dxdiag file.

Good luck,
9erRed

#3 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:06 AM

Thanks 9erRd for the advice! It's now working for me. Also had the issue like CptLion. Firing Lasers and all kinds of stuff against invisible walls.

#4 CptLionKnight

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:57 AM

Bro, i don't actually know how to switch between dxs' . please explain shader thing and how to actually upgrade to dx11? There are no DX files in MWO

Edited by CptLionKnight, 25 October 2015 - 06:18 AM.

#5 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:57 PM

Greetings,

You can check which Dx is installed by opening the 'run' tool.
- found a the start icon, lower left.
- Or just open the start icon and start typing 'dxdiag', run that and it will show what Dx version is installed and if everything is 'ok' with it.

Also check the Ms site here to download the latest version:
https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=36805
and here:
https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=8109

And do a windows update session, that will install any missing Dx items.
- (Dx11 items only as the older Dx9c elements are no longer installed with windows.)

To switch between the different Dx versions, Dx9c and Dx11, access them through the MWO game settings, under graphics.
- A game restart may be required.
- the latest win 7, and 10 will operate better running Dx11, and 64bit installs normally require Dx11 or soon dx12.

The 'shaders files' are located within your 'user's' files,
- normally found here: C:\Users\'Your windows user name here'\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Shaders
- select the 'shaders' folder and delete it, the game will be forced to rebuild it when you start the next game.
( you can check what version you were running by looking in that file, either d3d11 or d3d9 or both.)

Good luck,
9erRed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users