• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

I would love to see a "Drop Planning" stage or "Deployment Phase" where someone can grab the commander position and sort the lances PRIOR to their spawn being set-in-stone.

"oh but trolls will **** everything up!"
doubtful.
People want to win and will learn what the best spawns are for each weight class on each map/mode.

Add just a hair of strategy to deployment instead of this random spawn generation.

Would also be amazing to have drop zones that can be selected for each lance. Split the map in two, and put 4-6 drop zones in different strategic positions. Allow the Lance leader and/or Team commander to assign lance drop zones.

You can even assign the SAME dropzone to all lances to remove the frustration of being separated at the start. Stop trying to discourage death-balling because EVERY team is going to do it anyway. Simply REMOVE a frustration factor from the game entirely. Let us do what we were already going to do. Start us as a group again and allow us to pick our own strategic positions on the map to go for.

Unknown enemy deployment zones would also increase demand for scouting.

Man, if both of those made it into the game someday, it would be fantastic IMO. Assigning players to lances before their deployment is locked-in, then also assigning drop locations (with a default already set). Add some strategy, remove frustration. Sounds like a win for everyone. It takes away the mandatory "regroup", redundant phase at the beginning of each match.

#2 InsaneRotta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInside a cheap barely functioning dropship.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:28 PM

Just bumbing this, since I really like the idea and have thought about it myself!

EDIT:

Same discussion here, just on another post:
http://mwomercs.com/...ompany-command/

Edited by InsaneRotta, 10 November 2015 - 12:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users