So A Bit In To The New Tonnages For Group Que

13 replies to this topic

#1 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:49 AM

After letting the dust settle and the crying to subside, what do you now think of the tonnages PGI implemented.
I person think it makes the group que much more interesting and I think it does help balance the 12 mans out a bit. Personally I do not like to play with anymore the 6 in the group que now and do not have any problem of dropping even in a 2 man.
I have also seen a much bigger spread in the chassis being used and the tactics used depending on the group size

So what is your take on the new group que?

also to add could a tonnage system like the group que cross over to CW and work?

Edited by hybrid black, 27 October 2015 - 09:55 AM.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

Stupid system that doesnt take into account the skill level of the teams. Its now required to have a high tier team with anything more than 8 people.

#3 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:59 AM

It solved nothing and increased wait times. So invariably one must view it as bad.

The ONLY thing it did was mix up what sort of cheese you might encounter.

#4 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 27 October 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

Stupid system that doesnt take into account the skill level of the teams. Its now required to have a high tier team with anything more than 8 people.

is that not a good thing? the only large groups i have seen are from most of the none competitive units, where the competitive units are making smaller groups and not face rolling with 12 guys

#5 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:05 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 27 October 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

is that not a good thing? the only large groups i have seen are from most of the none competitive units, where the competitive units are making smaller groups and not face rolling with 12 guys

Its a good thing now that any 12 man will get rolled almost every time because they take a few new people on their team? Mix unit 12 man team already had about a 50-50 win ratio before the change. Know what this is going to force, every person who plays on mix 12 man teams will now how to buy a crow and bjx. This is all you will see in a month or so. That's if they don't stop playing.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 27 October 2015 - 10:06 AM.

#6 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 27 October 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Its a good thing now that any 12 man will get rolled almost every time because they take a few new people on their team? Mix unit 12 man team already had about a 50-50 win ratio before the change. Know what this is going to force, every person who plays on mix 12 man teams will now how to buy a crow and bjx. This is all you will see in a month or so. That's if they don't stop playing.

we have faced the BJ crow rush many times only one loss to it, maybe you need to up your skill?

#7 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 27 October 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

we have faced the BJ crow rush many times only one loss to it, maybe you need to up your skill?

Didnt i just say that? You now have to basically be 12 man made up of a tier 1-2 to play. So every new person waiting to join a group is going to be sol. This is only going to hurt the community because 2 man cry babies couldn't play as a team

Funny how you have only had 1 loss and you think this is "ok"

Edited by Monkey Lover, 27 October 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#8 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:13 AM

Group drops were matched quick for the group I was with last night.
Group size was anywhere from 4-10 man. We made it a point to not drop with an uneven roster.

#9 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:15 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 27 October 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

Didnt i just say that? You now have to basically be 12 man made up of a tier 1-2 to play. So every new person waiting to join a group is going to be sol. This is only going to hurt the community because 2 man cry babies couldn't play as a team

Funny how you have only had 1 loss and you think this is "ok"

1 loss to your boogie man

we have other losses but there all close games, and i don't see why having more people should trump skill, maybe you should not play with people that you have to carry and can not trust to do there part

#10 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:20 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 27 October 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

1 loss to your boogie man

we have other losses but there all close games, and i don't see why having more people should trump skill, maybe you should not play with people that you have to carry and can not trust to do there part

What are you talking about boogie man? They're two of the best mechs in the weight class now because you can only bring 50 tons..

You shouldn't play with new people? So you only want 12 man comp teams playing this game..... You understand this game will not last very long if new people can not play right?

#11 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 27 October 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

What are you talking about boogie man? They're two of the best mechs in the weight class now because you can only bring 50 tons..

You shouldn't play with new people? So you only want 12 man comp teams playing this game..... You understand this game will not last very long if new people can not play right?

or.... run smaller groups, if you are too stubborn to change its your fault, not the games.

#12 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:29 PM

I play with a group of exclusively tier 1 and 2 players search times are much better. The only thing I think should be done is reducing mechs per team down to 8 and only allowing 1 group per team. Match the two group's psr and throw matching solos in.

Matching one group at a time should lead to pretty even group matches. And we should see close matches. Other games use this system and it works nicely.

Reducing the number of mechs should reduce the amount of focus fire and increase ttk. This will also make it easier for the individual to have an influence on the battlefield. He now would have 1/8 the firepower of the team instead of a 1/12.

The bad matches I've seen usually occur because of bad spawns. One group spawns really far away from the rest and either because they refuse to work with the rest of the team and Yolo out or because they get jumped trying to regroup with the team, are wiped out and the battle is essentially 8v12 or worse.

Edited by DeathlyEyes, 27 October 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#13 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:42 PM

Badly though out system that is easily abused.

Can't exactly recall a moment before this new system where people said they wanted to see more assaults on the enemy team.

#14 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:05 PM

Poorly thought out rules that allows for as much if not worse abuse than before.

4 mans can run
> 4 x 85 ton assaults
> 3 x DWFs and one 50 tonner

You could conceivably have 12 85t assaults or 9 DWFs on one side.

6 man team can run

5 xTBR + 1 x HBR/EBJ

In the long run, these kinds of loadouts will force others to run them - we will likely see less diversity not more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users