6 replies to this topic

#1 Brollocks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 153 posts
  • LocationStomping Mechticles

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:21 PM

For the last couple of hours I've been unable to login due to 'Unknown Failure' which pops up at about the time I should have logged in and able to use the mechlab.

Internet is fine and working.

I googled it and it appears this has been a problem for years with entire topics on reddit about it. What's the fix, if any? I have had this before but not more than once before it logged in. It's every time I try to login now.

#2 Whatzituyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:23 PM

I got this failure time to time and I don't know how to fix it. Try to use the repair tool than come back and tell us what happened ok? Just have every box checked for cleaning to see if you can fix it that means every setting would be reset but its worth doing if it possibly can fix it.

Edited by Whatzituyah, 27 October 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#3 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:34 PM

I have been getting this lately as well.

I personally think it has something to do with the quality of the internet between where I am (South Australia) and the servers. If I log in before say 6pm I have no issues, likewise if I wait till after around 10pm. I think the Netflix effect between these times causes high jitter (rapidly fluctuating ping), due to network load, which PGI's servers simply do not like. I never had this issue before Netflix was launched in Australia. Oddly if I log in early it doesn't seem to be a problem as it stay connected. It might have something to do with the servers timing out on the initial log in if they cant get good returns from the client.

I am no network engineer btw, just my thoughts on it.

#4 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:41 PM

Same issues in the Philippines.

Basically, blame your ISP and play something else for a few hours.

#5 Brollocks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:42 PM

I did try the repair tool earlier, but without resetting all my settings. Tried it again, this time resetting all settings and I was able to login. Had to restart client after setting up my options again and needed to login three times before I actually logged in.

Not confident with it at the moment, but at least logged in. Thanks for the help.

#6 Brollocks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:51 PM

View PostGreyNovember, on 27 October 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

Same issues in the Philippines.

That's where I am. Are you with PLDT? Although I suppose it doesn't matter since all the ISP's have to go through PLDT's lines out of the country anyway. Monopolizing dirty yawa's.

Hasn't kicked me out of the mechlab yet, so looks to be fixed for now. Ping is the usual 80+ to oceanic.

#7 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:53 PM

View PostMuddy Funster, on 27 October 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

That's where I am. Are you with PLDT? Although I suppose it doesn't matter since all the ISP's have to go through PLDT's lines out of the country anyway. Monopolizing dirty yawa's.

Hasn't kicked me out of the mechlab yet, so looks to be fixed for now. Ping is the usual 80+ to oceanic.

Fluctuates. You don't normally play well at all if it's the afternoon until like 11pm.

Better with a prepaid Globe phone connection honestly. There's probably less traffic on it overall, which is what I use if I feel like playing before 11.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users