124 replies to this topic

#121 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:24 AM

I can't believe this warranted 6 pages of responses. It is very simple, if no one was intended to reach this spot, PGI would have either made it OOB or made the cliff too tall to climb. Quite frankly, I love it when the entire team sits on that hill (which I have encountered before). Just makes it easier to move up as there is amble cover to get in close, both left and right side...I really don't see the problem here other then people are losing and not liking it. That spot is a crap spot unless the whole team uses it and then it's only good because the team is together rather then spread out. Most times, 1-4 mechs sit up and there and pretend to do something while the rest of the team is up front, dying. What happened to you was a perfectly viable tactic but the sad thing is, it's not a very good one and it's one that is easily defeated. Just hit the W key, get in close, shoot them in the face...done it many many times

#122 Khan Ignotus Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:50 AM

You are just not that great at CW man. You gotta stick with the team and listen to me and God Copy.

#123 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:35 PM

View Postvandalhooch, on 27 November 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Destroying the gun renders it unusable when you have taken the planet. In lore, destroying something as valuable as these orbital cannons would be considered a war crime.

1. Its not destroyed, simply disabled
2. Even if it were destroyed, still not a war crime, as it is a military asset, and thus not a war crime to destroy

The war crimes in the lore were for destroying economic assets like shipping yards, water treatment plants, factories, etc.

ie: Destroying a Jump Ship is a war crime, but destroying a jump capable warship because it is attacking your dropships / other assets would not be, because it is a military asset involved in a current operation.

PS: So happy that someone necro'd the thread because they felt the OP hadn't been insulted enough.

Edited by Adamski, 02 February 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#124 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:57 PM

When I drop command on Boreal and IS starts doing that tactic I just get the guys to ball up and rush the DZ, same thing in Emerald when they try the same tactic.

People call that spawn camping but if you are going to try sniping from the DZ I am going to come and get you, plain and simple.

#125 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:39 AM

This isn't an issue with the map, or that ridge being an "exploit", it PGI's ham fisted, backward ***, approach to balancing their quirks. Instead of selecting what quirks they want, and slowly cranking the bonuses up until they hit a sweet spot, they start off with absurd, over the top numbers, and adjust down. That's why you see nothing but Battlemasters, and Stalkers manning that ridge, their the only mechs that can make full use of it, and that's only because PGI has giving them quirks out of all reasonable proportion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users