Jump to content

Rifleman Wip


8 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop Steiner

    ForumWarrior

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,011 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:11 PM

a WIP for my old 3025 era TT RFL Mod.

Posted Image
Posted Image

It's designed as a more focused fire support, giving up some of it's anti-air performance to be a more effective ground combat unit. Light armor, high heat and lack of ammunition stores are considering the 3 weak points of the Rifleman, while firepower is consiidered it's strong point. But the 3 weaknesses hinder the RFL from effectively delivering that firepower.

So in an attempt to address all 3 issues, both Large Lasers were removed, and the torso mounted Medium Lasers were moved into their place in the arms. A single Hovertek SRM6 rack was placed in th eCT, above the cockpit, to give the new design more close range bite. 3 more tons of armor were added, giving it eqivalent armor to msot mechs in it's tonnage range, and a second ton of ammunition for the Light Autocannons was added, with the ammo for each 75mm GM Whirlwhind Cannon being stored in the arm, in the hope it might help mitigate damage to the rest of the mech and the pilot should the ammo cook off. (record sheet is wrong, the AC ammo should be in the arms, SRM ammo in the LT)

In all, its meant as a medium support vehicle, supporting units like Centurions and Enforcers.

I am considering dropping a heat sink (it could still fire everythign while walking) and adding another ton of armor.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 27 October 2015 - 09:24 PM.


#2 Earthtalker

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationBack in the Saddle.

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:45 PM

I like it. For yours, I would drop the heat sink and add another ton of AC/5 ammo. Keeping enemies at arms length as long as you can would be better than another ton of armor

I modified your idea for a version I would pilot if I had the option of building a Rifleman from the ground up.

RFL-EXP

Mass: 60 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Advanced Rules
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-F-D-A
Production Year: 3025
Cost: 4,651,200 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,013

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 240 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
2 Autocannon/5s
3 Medium Lasers
1 Streak SRM-2
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 99 points 6.00
Engine: Fusion Engine 240 11.50
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 12 2.00
Heat Sink Locations: 1 LL, 2 RL
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA R: SH+UA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 144 9.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 21
Center Torso (rear) 6
L/R Torso 14 18
L/R Torso (rear) 5
L/R Arm 10 13
L/R Leg 14 18

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autocannon/5 RA 1 4 8.00
Autocannon/5 LA 1 4 8.00
Medium Laser RT 3 1 1.00
Medium Laser LT 3 1 1.00
Streak SRM-2 CT 2 1 1.50
Medium Laser HD 3 1 1.00
@AC/5 (40) RA - 2 2.00
@AC/5 (40) LA - 2 2.00
@Streak SRM-2 (50) CT - 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 31

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 5 Points: 10
4 3 3 1 0 3 0 Structure: 5
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, AC 1/1/1

TL;DR
Drop the SRM6 to a Streak2, move the lasers to the side torsi, add a third medium laser to the head, 9 tons of armor, 4 tons of AC/5 ammo, 12 heat sinks.

#3 Bishop Steiner

    ForumWarrior

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,011 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:53 AM

View PostEarthtalker, on 27 October 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

I like it. For yours, I would drop the heat sink and add another ton of AC/5 ammo. Keeping enemies at arms length as long as you can would be better than another ton of armor

I modified your idea for a version I would pilot if I had the option of building a Rifleman from the ground up.

RFL-EXP

Mass: 60 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Advanced Rules
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-F-D-A
Production Year: 3025
Cost: 4,651,200 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,013

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 240 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
2 Autocannon/5s
3 Medium Lasers
1 Streak SRM-2
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 99 points 6.00
Engine: Fusion Engine 240 11.50
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 12 2.00
Heat Sink Locations: 1 LL, 2 RL
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA R: SH+UA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 144 9.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 21
Center Torso (rear) 6
L/R Torso 14 18
L/R Torso (rear) 5
L/R Arm 10 13
L/R Leg 14 18

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autocannon/5 RA 1 4 8.00
Autocannon/5 LA 1 4 8.00
Medium Laser RT 3 1 1.00
Medium Laser LT 3 1 1.00
Streak SRM-2 CT 2 1 1.50
Medium Laser HD 3 1 1.00
@AC/5 (40) RA - 2 2.00
@AC/5 (40) LA - 2 2.00
@Streak SRM-2 (50) CT - 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 31

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 5 Points: 10
4 3 3 1 0 3 0 Structure: 5
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, AC 1/1/1

TL;DR
Drop the SRM6 to a Streak2, move the lasers to the side torsi, add a third medium laser to the head, 9 tons of armor, 4 tons of AC/5 ammo, 12 heat sinks.

no streaks in 3025.

#4 Karl Streiger

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 19,054 posts
  • LocationBlue is the new Brown

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 October 2015 - 09:11 PM, said:

I am considering dropping a heat sink (it could still fire everythign while walking) and adding another ton of armor.


No don't try to make it to perfect :D - over sinked is ok
To use imperfection in BT is always more stylish.

Nice design, the SRM placement is really neat and the arms look great either.
Considering the RFL-1N (primitive 50t) and the 2N - you could "reduce the weight of your Rifleman towards 50t if you like :D

Edited by Karl Streiger, 28 October 2015 - 06:11 AM.


#5 Max OConnor

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 718 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:43 AM

There is just something so awesome with 3025 tech. You had to give something up to get something else. It was always a balancing act.
I wrote this one up. I figure screw the heat, 3025 Mechs are supposed to overheat right?
Rifleman 2

Mass: 60 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Introductory
Era: Age of War/Star League
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/C-E-D-A
Production Year: 2750
Cost: 4,788,800 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,152

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 240 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
2 Autocannon/5s
2 Medium Lasers
2 SRM-4s
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 99 points 6.00
Engine: Fusion Engine 240 11.50
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 10 0.00
Heat Sink Locations: 1 CT
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA R: SH+UA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 184 11.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 28
Center Torso (rear) 7
L/R Torso 14 23
L/R Torso (rear) 5
L/R Arm 10 18
L/R Leg 14 24

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SRM-4 RT 3 1 2.00
SRM-4 LT 3 1 2.00
Autocannon/5 RA 1 4 8.00
Medium Laser RA 3 1 1.00
Autocannon/5 LA 1 4 8.00
Medium Laser LA 3 1 1.00
@SRM-4 (25) CT - 1 1.00
@AC/5 (20) RA - 1 1.00
@AC/5 (20) LA - 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 35

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 6 Points: 12
4 3 3 1 0 3 0 Structure: 5
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, SRM 1/1/0

#6 Earthtalker

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationBack in the Saddle.

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:30 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 October 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

no streaks in 3025.

What? Damn. I had it set to Advanced Rules instead of Introductory. Replace the SSRM2 with a SRM4, drop a heat sink to make it 11 singles, go up to 9.5 tons of standard armor, keep AC/5 ammo at 4 tons and 3 Medium Lasers.

#7 Chados

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:54 PM

What, no love for the classic 2 AC/10 + 2ML build? That version of the RFL-3N was the one in Kesmai's old EGA MPBT back in the day :) . Loved it.

#8 BarHaid

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:43 PM

Nice! But, uh, that's an awful lot of cockpit you have there. You sneaking in a Battlemaster second chair there? ;)

#9 Bishop Steiner

    ForumWarrior

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,011 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

View PostBarHaid, on 29 October 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

Nice! But, uh, that's an awful lot of cockpit you have there. You sneaking in a Battlemaster second chair there? ;)

ever see a cataphract?

Also, for a unit that might need sensors MK I to scan the skies... you need to be able to see.

And in TT, rule of cool wins. A cocooned cockpit doesn't fir the rifleman





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users