#1 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:11 AM

What MECH Challengers

Upon hearing of the challenge, they gathered from across the Inner Sphere. Eager to prove that they could master a Mech that was not of their choosing and eager to do this by their own means, they embarked on the “What MECH Challenge”. Many who took part in the challenge gave up and moved on, but a handful stuck with it until the end and proved that they are the masters of their Mechs.

A few of the “Challengers” who made it to the end of the challenge felt bonded by their shared experience and decided to form a mercenary group, which they named the “What Mech Challengers”. Today, the What MECH Challengers continue to operate “ … for the CBills” which they use to continue to improve their skills and their arsenals by their own means and without outside assistance.

The What MECH Challenge may be over, but you can still join the mercenary group and fight “…for the CBills”. If you wish to join the What MECH Challengers, just post in this thread and express your desire to join. Of course, if you do join the What MECH Challengers, you will be expected to pay your own way only with what you earn in-game and not with any outside assistance (real money).

The Original "What MECH Challenge" OP is preserved below for historical purposes:

What MECH Challenge

What is the What MECH Challenge?

The What Mech Challenge is about creating a new account and buying / levelling / optimizing a mech that you did not choose yourself, using only what cBills (or MC) that you earn in the game (no real money), and then playing that Mech until HBS's BATTLETEH ( http://battletechgame.com/ ) game comes out. The "What Mech Are You?" test that was part of Harebrained Schemes' successful Kickstarter campaign is used to determine what Mech is YOUR Mech. As a What MECH Challenger, you will go from a broke cadet to the owner and skilled pilot of three variants of a classic Mech and you will do this as part of a unit of like minded players. Finally, If the basic challenge is not enough of a challenge for you, then you can challenge yourself further with BONUS challenges (which may or may not be added from time to time).

If you think that you want to join the What MECH Challenge, then continue to read on...

The RULES:

1) Take the BATTLETECH "What Mech Are You?" test: https://4screens.net...ff884010057d3b4

2) Make a new MWO account (for fresh stats), do not select a faction and buy only the mech that the test said was was yours. Buy multiple variants of your mech, level it up, modify it however you want, but only that mech and only use currency that you earn in-game (you can use MC and Cbills that you earn during in-game events, but DO NOT SPEND REAL MONEY ON THIS ACCOUNT! *).

3) Post your new pilot name and mech in this topic thread, or PM Ih8tevictors or Caesar Octavius with this information so you can be invited to the What MECH Challengers unit.

4) Play your mech in Solo, or Group queue at least once a month (if possible) until BATTLETECH is released (about a year).

5) On the day (or within a couple days after) the launch of BATTLETECH, post your overall and Mech stats here, so a can compare how well we did in "our" mechs!

BONUS CHALLENGE #1 - Once you have mastered (not just elited) three mechs of your Challenge chassis, then you can take the test once more, answering the questions a little differently and then add the new mech to your account so you can master three chassis of this new mech! Of course, if there is a Trial mech available for that Chassis, you can use that until you can afford the first mech of that chassis.

The purpose of this bonus challenge is to eventually have enough mechs / variants to make a CW drop deck so that the (WM) unit can participate in CW.

BONUS CHALLENGE#2 - Once you have mastered your original Challenge mech and your BONUS CHALLENGE #1 mech, then pick one Clan mech that is from the same weight class that your original Challenge mech is from and master that on three chassis! As with the other challenges, only spend CBills, or MC which you have earned in-game to purchase these mechs and mech bays for them.

BONUS CHALLENGE#3 - This is the 3025 Stock Mech Challenge! Pick one of the iconic 3025 mechs listed below, do not pick a mech that you have already mastered in one of the previous challenges. Buy your chosen mech using Cbills or MC that you have earned while playing on your WMC account (do not spend any real money). Champion and Hero variants are not allowed and you can not alter the build of your 3025 stock mech in any way, not even moving components or armor around, it must remain exactly as it was when you bought it. Your mech can be repainted and you can use any cockpit items that you have earned on your WMC account (again no real money), but you can not use any modules or consumables.

Once you have your 3025 Stock Mech, play 100 games in your mech and then post a screenshot of your stats from the Mech Stat page of your forum profile, it should show no more and no less than 100 games played with your chosen mech. If you end the 100 matches with both a 1.0 K/D and 1.0 W/L ratio, you will earn the rank of "Stock Mech Champion".

ICONIC 3025 STOCK MECHS:

Atlas AS7-D
Battlemaster BLR-1G
Archer ARC-2R
Dragon DRG-1N
Marauder MAD-3R
Rifleman RFL-3N
Warhammer WHM-6R
Griffin GRF-1N
Shadow Hawk SHD-2H
Wolverine WVR-6R
Jenner JR7-D
Panther PNT-9R

Notes:

- After you finish the 3025 Stock Mech Challenge, keep your 3025 Stock Mech as is for possible future Challenges or mini-events.

- You can purchase additional variants of your 3025 Stock Mech which you can level in order to master your 3025 Stock Mech. These additional variants can be modified and decorated however you like, but cannot be used in 3025 Stock Mech matches (as with the rest of the challenges use currency and items which you have earned in-game only).

BONUS CHALLENGE #4 - Inner Sphere reinforcements. Reinforce your Inner Sphere drop deck for Faction Warfare!

Here are the rules:

- Choose one of the Mechs listed below that is from a weight class that you are missing.

- Purchase three standard variants of this Mech using in-game currency only (as with the rest of the challenge you can use cBills or any MC which you have earned from in-game events).

- Master all three variants of your reinforcement Mechs in Quick Play before you use them in Faction Warfare.

Notes:

- Yes, you can upgrade, modify and decorate your Inner Sphere reinforcement Mechs using in-game currency only (as with the rest of the challenge you can use cBills or any MC which you have earned from in-game events).

- You can choose multiple Mechs from the list if you need more than one additional weight class to fill out your Inner Sphere drop deck (the BONUS CHALLENGE #4 rules still apply to additional reinforcements).

Inner Sphere Reinforcements:

King Crab
Stalker
Black Knight
Grasshopper
Crab
Enforcer
Locust
Wolfhound

BONUS CHALLENGE #5 - Clan reinforcements. Reinforce your Clan drop deck for Faction Warfare!

Here are the rules:

- Choose one of the Mechs listed below that is from a weight class that you are missing.

- Purchase three standard variants of this Mech using in-game currency only (as with the rest of the challenge you can use cBills or any MC which you have earned from in-game events).

- Master all three variants of your reinforcement Mechs in Quick Play before you use them in Faction Warfare.

Notes:

- Yes, you can upgrade, modify and decorate your Clan reinforcement Mechs using in-game currency only (as with the rest of the challenge you can use cBills or any MC which you have earned from in-game events).

- You can choose multiple Mechs from the list if you need more than one additional weight class to fill out your Clan drop deck (the BONUS CHALLENGE #5 rules still apply to additional reinforcements).

Clan Reinforcements:

Dire Wolf
Warhawk
Summoner
Timber Wolf
Ice Ferret
Shadowcat
Adder
Kitfox

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE! - Here it is... the ULTIMATE and final What Mech Challenge... Place in the top 10 of a leaderboard while piloting your original challenge Mech during a leaderboard event (you must post a screenshot of the leaderboard in this thread after the event has ended).

* If you would like to support PGI because they make it possible for us to create accounts and play completely for free, then please buy stuff on your main account.

Edited by Ed Steele, 20 September 2018 - 08:51 AM.

#2 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:13 AM

OMG that sounds horrible to be stuck in a Victor for that long!

#3 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:13 AM

I'm in!

Ravens here I come :)

My new pilot's name will be Nevermore, assuming it's not taken.

Account created. xNevermorex

Edited by Tyler Valentine, 28 October 2015 - 03:11 PM.

#4 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:16 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 28 October 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

My thoughts exactly. I'll play a stock locust, but please... anything but victors.

#5 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:18 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 28 October 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

You don't have to play every day, or even more than once a day in that mech, but it is a "challenge".

#6 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

Centurion !?!?! I thought for sure spiders or locusts. . . ah well, we will see how this goes :)

#7 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:29 AM

THUNDERBOLT.. Well. Of course! :D I already have 3 of them and the 9SE is my favorite with it's jumping, speed, and quad large pulse capability. Perfect mix of firepower, agility, and armor!

(took the test twice. First with hard thinking, second with gut reactions, same answer.)

#8 Brethgar

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:31 AM

Victor too here. Some of those choices in the questions didn't fit me. The Punished was not a choice for example. I suppose I might try a Victor just to see if it was right. However I am one that tore the jump jets off my Highlander for more space so I don't know.

#9 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:31 AM

Since I thought this up, I will take it one step further and from the time I create my new account (later tonight) until BATTLETECH launches, I will only play "my" mech! I do not expect anyone else to do this.

#10 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:44 AM

Says I am a Centurion. That can't be right, I'm obviously a Hunchback! ;)

View PostEd Steele, on 28 October 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

Since I thought this up, I will take it one step further and from the time I create my new account (later tonight) until BATTLETECH launches, I will only play "my" mech! I do not expect anyone else to do this.

When the IIC's come out my Hunchie Harem will be complete!

#11 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:45 AM

Caesar Octavius has been created!!!

#12 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:58 AM

i´m a PANTHER?
wouldnt even fit in the cockpit^^

#13 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:49 PM

Argh! I am a Commando! What have I condemned myself to?

#14 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 28 October 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

Spare yourself spend the money up front for the TDK

#15 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 28 October 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

What the H*** were you thinking man! :lol:

#16 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:55 PM

THUNDERBOLT

#17 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 28 October 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

What the H*** were you thinking man! :lol:

Well, I guess I will get good with Commandos, or die trying!

#18 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

Not suprising the Atlas rolls out!

#19 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:15 PM

I got Atlas

what mechs have ppl been getting? might be a clue about their roster

#20 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostTennex, on 28 October 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

what mechs have ppl been getting? might be a clue about their roster

From their FAQ

BATTLETECH is in pre-production, so many decisions, like the final 'Mech roster, are not yet determined. But here are the 'Mechs we're currently planning to include:

LIGHT: Locust, Commando, Spider, Firestarter, Jenner, Panther, Raven, Urbanmech

MEDIUM: Cicada, Blackjack, Vindicator, Centurion, Enforcer, Hunchback, Trebuchet, Griffin, Kintaro, Shadowhawk, Wolverine

HEAVY: Dragon, Quickdraw, Catapult, JagerMech, Thunderbolt, Cataphract, Grasshopper, Orion, Marauder, Warhammer

ASSAULT: Awesome, Victor, Zeus, BattleMaster, Stalker, Highlander, Banshee, King Crab, Atlas

Sadly, it doesn't include the Scorpion. (Also, weirdly it includes mechs like the King Crab and the Highlander, but doesn't include the Crab)

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 28 October 2015 - 01:19 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users