1698 replies to this topic

#81 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

I cannot carry in a stock CN9-AL...luckily it only took one round to put dhs on it...now to get an engine...

#82 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:35 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 05 November 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

I cannot carry in a stock CN9-AL...luckily it only took one round to put dhs on it...now to get an engine...

Yeah, I am still working on getting an XL engine for my first Commando, I have not had a lot of time for gaming the past couple days, so I have been slacking. I will play most of my games in my Commando tonight.

#83 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:38 AM

Got three "challenge" games in, not too bad, won two and got my XL engine finally.

#84 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:14 AM

I managed to buy my first Cent, but I want to run it with xl, so.....still grinding with trial :(

#85 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:10 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 06 November 2015 - 03:14 AM, said:

I managed to buy my first Cent, but I want to run it with xl, so.....still grinding with trial :(

See, I take rules too seriously (only use your mech chassis). The trial Cent wasn't available, so I had to use the Tutorial bonuses to buy my first one, but couldn't upgrade it so I had to run it stock :wacko: Was quite the experience. I am still running a ridiculous loadout and need a new engine, but at least it has DHS now :D

#86 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:27 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 06 November 2015 - 04:10 AM, said:

See, I take rules too seriously (only use your mech chassis). The trial Cent wasn't available, so I had to use the Tutorial bonuses to buy my first one, but couldn't upgrade it so I had to run it stock :wacko: Was quite the experience. I am still running a ridiculous loadout and need a new engine, but at least it has DHS now :D

I did it with this account years ago, "Stock" Cent-A (upgrading to dhs, endo and full armor, tbh).
LRM10/ac10/2ml is my fav classic support cent.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4060a6e0b11ea88
It was a "challenging fun".

But now the game has more speed, so maybe I'll ride something like this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...43cfa3706739156

#87 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:45 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 06 November 2015 - 04:10 AM, said:

Yes, using a trial mech of a different chassis to avoid having to run your mech before it is fully optimized, is not in the spirit of this challenge (although I did not specifically mention anything about trial mechs in my OP). Seriously though, the grind is not too bad, so far, I did the training academy missions and six cadet missions (two with the free day of premium time from account creation) and I have a fully optimized Commando 2A! I am now grinding out the basic skills while I save for my next variant.

The point of this challenge is that this is YOUR mech, from the very first time out as a stock deathtrap, to a fully optimized, fully mastered death-dealing machine that you will continue to hone your skills in until some time in 2017 when BATTLETECH is released, when we will compare our stats and discuss how difficult it was to get to that level of proficiency.

On a side note, I am considering making a merc unit for all of us What Mech Challenge participants so we can easily run some group matches once in a while.

Edited by Ed Steele, 06 November 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#88 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 06 November 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

Yes, using a trial mech of a different chassis to avoid having to run your mech before it is fully optimized, is not in the spirit of this challenge (although I did not specifically mention anything about trial mechs in my OP). Seriously though, the grind is not too bad, so far, I did the training academy missions and six cadet missions (two with the free day of premium time from account creation) and I have a fully optimized Commando 2A! I am now grinding out the basic skills while I save for my next variant.

The point of this challenge is that this is YOUR mech, from the very first time out as a stock deathtrap, to a fully optimized, fully mastered death-dealing machine that you will continue to hone your skills in until some time in 2017 when BATTLETECH is released, when we will compare our stats and discuss how difficult it was to get to that level of proficiency.

On a side note, I am considering making a merc unit for all of us What Mech Challenge participants so we can easily run some group matches once in a while.

If you make a merc unit my alt is Caesar Octavius. Send me an invite.

#89 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 06 November 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

If you make a merc unit my alt is Caesar Octavius. Send me an invite.

Will do!

#90 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

So i made an alt, too...
Sully McLiwenn, sitting in a wonderful Panther-10P, which is slow(well, faster then the others...), underarmored, with crazy weapons (2 AC2+1 SRM2).

Is it allowed to modify the weapons and stuff? Or do i have to play pure stock?

cheers

p.s.: yeah, 400th post^^

Edited by Mike McSullivan, 06 November 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#91 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:04 PM

View PostMike McSullivan, on 06 November 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

So i made an alt, too...
Sully McLiwenn, sitting in a wonderful Panther-10P, which is slow(well, faster then the others...), underarmored, with crazy weapons (2 AC2+1 SRM2).

Is it allowed to modify the weapons and stuff? Or do i have to play pure stock?

cheers

p.s.: yeah, 400th post^^

Welcome, Prost!

You can customize your mech however you want, but don't spend any real money on your Challenge account. Also, if you are truly a sadist, you are more than welcome to keep your mech stock. >:-)

Edited by Ed Steele, 06 November 2015 - 04:06 PM.

#92 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:20 AM

No matter what you try to do with the 10P, it stays masochistic (sadistic would be 2 gauss and 2 ASRM6-if it would fit ;)).

p.s.: this thread should be in the "player created content" area, dont you think? :D

p.s.s.: changed the mech to AC5 + 2SSRMs+BAP. 3 matches so far :) K/D 1 (2 Kills oO)

Edited by Mike McSullivan, 07 November 2015 - 03:21 AM.

#93 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:11 PM

Wow, I ran a few more drops today in my Cent. It is an off feeling to get left behind by the assault lance when you are running a 50 ton medium :blink: I think I am averaging about 100 damage and .25 kills per round right now. . . can't wait to get my xl275 and 2 lpl's 2 ml on this thing.

Edited by 3xnihilo, 07 November 2015 - 12:12 PM.

#94 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:35 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 07 November 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Wow, I ran a few more drops today in my Cent. It is an off feeling to get left behind by the assault lance when you are running a 50 ton medium :blink: I think I am averaging about 100 damage and .25 kills per round right now. . . can't wait to get my xl275 and 2 lpl's 2 ml on this thing.

I used to run Centurions allot and my favorite was the AL with 2xLL, 2xML and the biggest standard engine you could get. I was able to have almost full armor and a few extra heatsinks as well.

#95 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 07 November 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

I used to run Centurions allot and my favorite was the AL with 2xLL, 2xML and the biggest standard engine you could get. I was able to have almost full armor and a few extra heatsinks as well.

That was my build too for a long my time on this account then I switched to xl260 3lpl which I am loving...I might go with to the std275 though since I can afford it sooner...I just want the xl275 for my next cents when I buy them...the planning is half the challenge here ;)

#96 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:19 PM

We need to have an official, What Mech Challenge paint job. Since we are not spending any money on out Challenge accounts, it will have to be a combination of the basic colors. I do suggest that we wait until we all have our three mech variants before we spend Cbills on paint through.

#97 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:10 AM

Do we have a Unit? [WMC] or something?

#98 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostMike McSullivan, on 08 November 2015 - 06:10 AM, said:

Do we have a Unit? [WMC] or something?

I am not able to create one yet, because I still have about 8 more cadet missions to finish. I will create the unit as soon as possible. For now, I have just been sending friend invites to fellow Challengers.

#99 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:54 PM

I am a Raven, apparently.

I reject this reality, I hate Ravens! D:

#100 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 08 November 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

I am not able to create one yet, because I still have about 8 more cadet missions to finish. I will create the unit as soon as possible. For now, I have just been sending friend invites to fellow Challengers.

I'm still trying to be able to afford some VTRs.

Dang things ain't cheap, and ain't no way I'm spending IRL money to get em faster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users