No replies to this topic

#1 Derick Cruisaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 247 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

O.k. Let me preface this by saying that I am not as knowledgeable about Battletech lore as others. So if the planets I have picked for this story do not make sense in that aspect or if some of my terminology is off. I apologize. I went with planets that were "geographically" close to make the story make sense for me. I am not a writer. But I wanted to give it a shot. I hope it is enjoyable.

So...without further ado...

The condensation on the inside of his helmet was making it difficult to read the information the HUD was giving him. “Damn it’s hot in here.” Jasper thought to himself, while out loud he cursed. “****! I should have known better than to trust those Taurian techs on Jansen’s Hold. They had to have screwed up the armor repair job on Pyre’s center torso.” There was no other explanation for how that Jenner’s medium laser got through and buggered up her reactor’s heat shielding.

He thought back to what had gotten him into this predicament. After fulfilling the contract to track down and eliminate those pirates on Jansen’s Hold (they had been raiding Bromhead, and the Davion's were moderately annoyed), his unit made their way back to Davion space. They got their payment and took a couple of weeks to relax. The Davions decided that since his unit was “relaxing” in Davion space why not sign on for a very short term garrison duty on Bromhead. Just in case you didn’t get all the pirates they said. We should have known that they already knew there was something else going on there. However, Barrenger just looked at it as a way to make some easy C-bills, and still get some R&R. He should have known there ain’t no such thing as an easy C-bill.

Sure enough, after about a week and a half, there was an announcement that an unscheduled jump had been detected at the system’s Lagrange point and, shortly after that, we were told that there were dropships incoming. Two Leopard’s had left the jumpship, and were heading to the planet.. Our unit didn’t have any Aerospace fighters. So we had to rely on the planetary defense. That did not go very well. Jasper and his buddies hopped into their Mechs and headed out to intercept.

He was scouting for the rest of his lance when he ran into that Jenner and it’s damnable medium laser. That pilot paid a hefty price for that lucky shot though. Two solid medium laser hits took off his Mech’s left arm and the offending beam weapon with it. And the twin Mgs took a hefty chunk out of the left leg. The Jenner took flight off to the south. Jasper was feeling pretty happy with himself, until he realized that the Jenner wasn’t retreating so much from the damage he had just inflicted as from the fact that his back-up had arrived.

A Cicada, followed by a Centurion and a Hunchback. “This is way to much for me.” Jasper muttered to himself. He called in a spot on the Hunchback. The two Catapults he was scouting for each let a volley fly. The resulting barrage of L.R.M.s tore a gaping hole in the right torso of the Mech and it's right arm went limp. Jasper felt satisfied and spun his Fierstarter around and started to head back. Just then the Cicada got off two medium laser shots at long range and managed to clip Pyre’s right leg and gimped her lower leg actuator. “Damn the luck!” Jasper shouted. “Their going to be all over me now. That Cicada pilot won't get close enogh for me to shoot at. It's going to spot for that Centurion and rain missiles on me until I’m a pile of slag.” That thought jogged his memory. If only he could get there before it was to late. "It's a long way." He said to himself. “Only one way to do it.” He knew things were going to get mighty uncomfortable in the cockpit with that reactor seeping hot death out through that damaged shielding. “No other choice.” He thought. And he kicked in Pyre’s jump jets. “here goes nothing’.”

-EDITED FOR- Grammatical errors.

Edited by Derick Cruisaire, 09 July 2012 - 11:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users