If Im "tier 2" Why Do I Still Have Players Not Watching The Mini-Map?

40 replies to this topic

#21 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:37 PM

I don't know what game you are playing but having my own team running away didn't ever happen to me. Yes, the typical nascar in every second match or so but running straight away? Nope.

I usually put a UAV amidst the enemy lines or spot them one after another and see my team walking to the enemy ready to engage. Walk with the crowd or die alone. One of the reasons why assaults are so rarely played currently.

Mind you, I play mostly Locust or Cheetah so getting left behind isn't a problem for me and scouting the enemy team helps a lot when it comes to organize your team.

#22 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:25 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 30 October 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

This makes no sense. I can watch my teammates run away as the opposing team starts to flank leaving the rest of the team usually 1v3 or 1v2. If Im "tier 2" shouldnt this garbage stop or is it the typical "carry harder" theory?

PGI put me in T4 or T3 so I do not assume may teammates know WTF they are doing!

Mogs

You do not know all the facts you got no right to judge anyone. No matter how good you believe your situational awareness is....you could not know every build on your team or how damaged they are.
Did you know how badly damaged their mechs were?

Were your teammates overheating so badly that they would be defenceless when the enemy arrived?
Maybe their builds aren't suited for the range the flankers would engage them at so they retreated rather than die needlessly early.

Maybe that Centurion who retreated looked fine because his mech is not leting out black smoke.
But in reality his right arm had red armor so it's nearly ready to fall off and he knows there is a sadistic KFX with MG's that would love to tear his AC10 to shredds with those MG's once the armor is gone.
He knows that KFX has been hunting him from the very start of the match and his best option is to ambush that annoying little rodent.

You're the one at fault who couldn't join the tactical retreat fast enough i'd say.
You were in a slow assault mech so you don't have the speed necessary to get away you say?
Well you got yourself into that slowpoke mech so you better take responsibility for your own positioning.

Man up and understand this is just a game and very few of us are master tacticians.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 31 October 2015 - 12:26 AM.

#23 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:11 AM

I tend to think many T1s and 2s are not really that. These are they guys who exploit hard with their units. When confronted without their unit they become t3's. Played a match last night with a few known T1s in pugland. They death balled and when Myself and another dire pushed they actually turned around and went back. We got the only kills in the match and came close to turning it till we went down. Then it was clean house on them.

I don't trust the tier system anymore and until PGI puts the brakes on all the monkey bussiness tiers mean squat.

#24 Ex Atlas Overlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:24 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 31 October 2015 - 02:11 AM, said:

and when Myself and another dire pushed they actually turned around and went back.

Really?

Your "evidence" is that some people retreated under full fire from TWO direwolves?

Come on now.

View PostSpleenslitta, on 31 October 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

You're the one at fault who couldn't join the tactical retreat fast enough i'd say.
You were in a slow assault mech so you don't have the speed necessary to get away you say?
Well you got yourself into that slowpoke mech so you better take responsibility for your own positioning.

And this "reasoning" right here is why this community is so full of it.

They'll tell you "it's your fault we left you to die" one second.... and then "hey assault catch up and push for us b/c we don't have enough armor" the next.

It's just selfish "adults" treating other players like they're their own personal disposable AI to be sacrificed on a whim.

Edited by The Atlas Overlord, 31 October 2015 - 02:28 AM.

#25 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:01 AM

View PostThe Atlas Overlord, on 31 October 2015 - 02:24 AM, said:

Really?

Your "evidence" is that some people retreated under full fire from TWO direwolves?

Come on now.

No they were behind us pushing and as soon as our dires came underfire our team who was behind us went back into hiding.
We had flanked and were on a roll, if they had backed us up they would have won the match. I don't care about dying if my team takes advantage of the push. I expect that in pugs but when t1's and 2's bail that really sad.

Edited by Mudhutwarrior, 31 October 2015 - 03:01 AM.

#26 Nerdboard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:27 AM

I was not in any of the games so I cant say how much you exaggerate. But in basically all games there is something you could have done different in order not to suddenly face the whole enemy team. This is what I think Bandito was trying to point out. Yeah, maybe your team was playing stupid. Dont focus on that. You cant change it unless you want to take command - which is a valid lesson to be learned from that. Focus on what you could have done differently and how you think you could have done better. Strange behaviour and loadouts of teammates can always be seen as a challenge to yourself. Take it on.

#27 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:45 AM

Poor thing, he thinks tiers are tied to skill level.

#28 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:46 AM

well besides the fact that just because you are tier 2 doesn't mean you are that good. (tier is not based on skill but mostly teamwork co ordination... aka if you are an average player you are T3 if you play lots of solo cue but can get to Tier 1-2 by playing with other normal "tier 3s" on group cue)

There is also the fact that there is match tier, and your tier.

your tier is between 1 to 5. This is YOUR tier.
match tier is between 1 to 5, this is the MATCHES tier setting, where it takes +2 and -2.

T1 game = T1, 2, and 3's.
T2 game = T1, 2, 3, and 4's
T3 game = T1, 2, 3, 4, and 5's
T4 game = T2. 3,4, and 5's
Ti5 game = T3, 4, and 5's

I do believe that the ones +1 and -1 are not as common as ='s and the ones that are +2 and -2 are even more rare- BUT this still means you can and will see T4's in your T2 game. Let me remind you that tier 4 is where new peoples default PSR is...

#29 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:26 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 31 October 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

blah blah blah reading comprehension failure.

getting shot in the back isnt a tactical retreat...Read the words Im typing.

#30 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

PSR means nothing, its just another xp grind, as if you play enough you will make it to T1 given enough time. So in short, bads will be bads.

#31 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:41 AM

Probably because you don't have to be good to be in tier 2?

All you have to do is play Tier 1 mechs. Really, it is that easy.

#32 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

I miss Tier III. The Pugs there were better than the ones in Tier II and the matches were a lot more fun! If anything, pilots in Tier II appear to be less capable than the ones in Tier III.

This just reinforces my belief that the Tier system doesn't count on skill as much as it does matches to move you up the ladder.

#33 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

I think they need to add another tier or take tier 5 out of more tiers matches. Just make it so it can pull from more tiers if/when population is low.

Or do 9 tiers like the mayan/aztec(?) underworld. The 9 levels of hell!! ><

Edited by Arugela, 23 January 2017 - 01:14 PM.

#34 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

This happens sometimes where my team NASCARs the wrong way and just won't stop even though the enemy team is winning the NASCAR and chewing us up from behind. Sometimes when I'm caught up in a game like this, I keep NASCARing too because maybe, hopefully, instead of stopping and getting left behind to be vaporized by the entire enemy team, maybe I'll catch one of their assaults that they have left behind in order to outrun us and at least be able to do some damage before I go out. What I find far more frustrating in this game though is when my team decides to pick a terrible position and then camp the entire game while we get picked apart slowly. This is likely a problem because most other FPS games reward camping, but in MWO if you camp, you die.

#35 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

Posted Image

#36 Silas7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 130 posts
  • Location'Mechbay

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 31 October 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

PSR means nothing, its just another xp grind, as if you play enough you will make it to T1 given enough time. So in short, bads will be bads.

I thought we were calling them potatoes? Does that make me a bad? I'm confused...

Oh Some one necro'd this thing, confusion cleared.

Edited by Silas7, 23 January 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#37 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

Ty bombast I didnt look at the date till that img

#38 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 30 October 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

This makes no sense. I can watch my teammates run away as the opposing team starts to flank leaving the rest of the team usually 1v3 or 1v2. If Im "tier 2" shouldnt this garbage stop or is it the typical "carry harder" theory?

PGI put me in T4 or T3 so I do not assume may teammates know WTF they are doing!

Mogs

Tier means nothing on terms of player skill in any case. Even more so given the smushing together of tiers we get in the MM now.

Have fun raising that crop of potatoes!

#39 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:53 PM

View PostKasumi Sumika, on 23 January 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

When someone necro'ing old thread

Posted Image

#40 Scythe Kagato