Banshee Hardpoint Priority

2 replies to this topic

#1 Piousflea

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:36 PM

The Banshee is one of those 'Mechs where weapons are first mounted on the low hardpoints before the high hardpoints.

Take for example a BNC-3E. If you put two AC/5s in its LT, it will put both of them in the "low torso" hardpoints and leave the shoulder hardpoints completely empty. This means that you'll spend a lot of time shooting the ground.

On the other hand, if you put two MGs and then two AC/5, you'll get two shoulder-mounted AC/5s. These are *considerably* more useful than low-mounted AC/5s. It's such a big difference that it's worth throwing MGs in there even if you don't have any MG ammo.

IMO, for all 'mechs that have both Shoulder and Low Torso hardpoints, weapons should *always* be mounted on the shoulder first. There are zero situations in MWO where you would rather have a low weapon than a high weapon mount.

#2 Artemis Ellis

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:27 PM

Thanks for this. I just bought the 3E and I was wondering how to mount the autocannons higher.

#3 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:00 PM

There are other mechs where this happens too. I think there needs to be some kind of selection for low and high mounted points when they exist together in the same torso. Ebon Jag with the 3 laser torso is an example, need to put in a small laser to get to mediums up on the high points.

Id rather be able to select which points to use and not waste half a ton just to get the weps I want up high.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users