8 replies to this topic

#1 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,923 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:17 AM

As always I assume this has been discussed before, but I am not seeing it it terms of a feature:

Right now certain mechs, such as loyalty reward mechs, cannot be sold; or as far as I can tell, removed, from your inventory. Why? A good portion of the fun I have in this game is building up my mechs to exact specifications and then moving on. Having a nice organized inventory and select screen is part of that fun. If certain mechs don't fit my requirements I just sell them but I can't in the case of loyalty or reward mechs. OK fine...don't give me anything for them, not even the residual mech bay, but at least let me delete them from my account if I so choose.

I think there should be a 2-click (second click is a verification/warning, like with sales) function in your mech inventory screen in addition to the sell function: Delete or simply Remove. This would allow the removal of a mech (and bay if need be) in the same manner as a sale but without the gain of c-bills. Thus the player getting rid of the gifted mech can have a clean list and get no undue gain from the deletion.

Edited by Bud Crue, 02 November 2015 - 08:18 AM.

#2 Greyhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 894 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:32 AM

can't envision ever wanting to do this. But I don't see why not.

I would suggest that on delete as confirmation you have to put your password in again. So there is no way someone could just become click blind.

#3 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:35 AM

Write to the Dev's. I had the POS Loyalty Centy they gave out removed from my garage. I'll be doing so with the Wolverine 7D too since I already have my fill of Wolverines. Its junk and taking up space.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:48 AM

You can remove these now by E-mailing support.

They will likely keep it this way as these are normally a permanent addition to your account (unlike purchases).

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 02 November 2015 - 08:49 AM.

#5 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,923 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

I have emailed support. Haven't heard back from them yet. Was hoping there was SOME solution. Good to hear others have managed to do it. Thanks for the responses.

#6 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:46 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 02 November 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

I have emailed support. Haven't heard back from them yet. Was hoping there was SOME solution. Good to hear others have managed to do it. Thanks for the responses.

There is a ridiculous backlog. I just got a whole bunch that I wrote about 3-4 months ago. Mech removal is a slightly higher priority though, it took them under a weak to remove it.

#7 Marcus Infestus

Rookie

• Private
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 05:52 PM

I have scoured their website; What is the support email???

#8 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 21 November 2023 - 07:51 PM

View PostMarcus Infestus, on 21 November 2023 - 05:52 PM, said:

I have scoured their website; What is the support email???

https://mwomercs.com/support

If you mouse over the big words, you'll see each one is an email link. I'm not sure if this one would fall under "Accounts" or "General."

#9 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 213 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 22 November 2023 - 06:44 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 21 November 2023 - 07:51 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com/support

If you mouse over the big words, you'll see each one is an email link. I'm not sure if this one would fall under "Accounts" or "General."

I would email Accounts, as it is about the selection of 'Mechs available to your account.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users