Add Some Depth To The Map/mode Voting, Incentivize!

9 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:41 PM

Right now, there is a probably legit concern (if being expressed in a mildly hysterical manner) about the new Voting System, that basically the majority will always lean toward whatever is most EZModetm.

In other words, The coldest Maps, and the most Mindless modes (Skirmish for deathball, Assault for those who want to caprush and are allergic to pewpew) leaving those of us who actually like the harder, hotter maps, and Conquest in the dust.

How about a system of Randomized Rewards, assigned to each Map on the vote screen.
Perhaps 2 are at basic rates, 1 is at a reduced rate, 1 at an improved rate (or all at varying %s, above and below normal. Or one could adjust awards based on Temp, but I like random, myself).

For Example:
On the Map Vote you have your 4 random maps:
Frozen City: 100% rewards
HPG: 90% rewards
Crimson Strait: 100% rewards
Terra Therma: 150% rewards.

Now... one has a decision to make. Sure the first 3 are easier maps, no heat issues, overall.... but.... dang.... 150% rewards for Terra this drop?

As I said, I like random, so hey, next drop, maybe it is the cold map that gets the bonus. I like random because it makes you think, but also it adds a sense of realism, as contracts will fluctuate on the Merc Market.

As for Modes?
Those should be more straightforward. The more simple minded the mode, the less it pays. The issue with that right now, is Assault, with open caps, largely invites caprushing, which I don't think should be rewarded. I think they need the turrets back, and then extra rewards for winning Assault by Cap. Just Like I feel Conquest should add a multiplier, or tiered reward for percentage of caps owned, etc.

Anyhow, just a few thoughts, to make the current MM maybe more balanced. Cuz here's the thing.... I'm getting into matches a LOT faster now. And I like that. I just don't want every drop to be Skirmish on the Coldest Map possible. And I feel we got one of two avenues: Incentivize diversity in the Voting, or go back to full, 100% random Map/Mode, and just get in the drops.

TL;DR: Add randomized reward multipliers to the Map voting, so it's not cut and dried take the cold map, every time.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 03 November 2015 - 06:06 PM.

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:05 PM

forgot.... in a post about tendency to lean toward EZMode... then I go and make people actually read. DOH!!!!!

Needs cliffnotes! :P

#3 Bonger Bob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:14 PM

they won't do anything thats going to give higher CB per match than whats happening already, it would reduce the grind and hence their macro-transaction bottom line, just not going to happen.

the idea is genius, which is why PGI will ignore it.

at best, we could hope to see a penalty system for easy maps and modes, but a 150% for just playing a harder map will have them losing money.

#4 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

Bob's spot on. Its a great idea, but it doesn't help PGI sell stuff so the chance of it happening is miniscule. Which is sad.

But Bishop knows that already.

Edited by Funkin Disher, 03 November 2015 - 06:20 PM.

#5 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:05 PM

like the idea, and it could help with lesser played maps and modes, :P

#6 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 November 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

Stuff Bishop said....

Good idea, most likely to fall upon deaf ears.

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:25 PM

The Paulconomy said:

No

#8 fat4eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:07 PM

Maybe add a 'random' map and mode selection that gives a 10% cbill bonus if it wins the vote. Or force the randomness on people: every 20 games or so, the matchmaker goes on 'random' mode, where both map and mode are random, but has a 20%/20k cbill bonus.

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:58 PM

I like it....

maybe have 3 knowns, with like...10% spreads in incentives...and a "What's behind door number 4" option that's liek 150% but totally random.

I'd pick door number 4, every time

#10 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:09 PM

I don't care what mode or map I play...ever. Because I drink my coffee from a hubcap and prefer my wounds well salted.

But...yeah...More money is always good. B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users