• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:04 AM

I just tried out the Yen-Lo and I can say that the reduced range hurt him a lot!
You end up with 132m range on those medium pulse (down from 220ish) and 270m on the AC20.

In a Wang you always try to show your dead left arm to the enemy and just shoot the biggest threat and duck back in cover or show him your left side again. With the reduced agility this seems to be way harder now. Your right arm with the AC20 is always the weak point. It is really hard to cover it now, as you lack agility and quirks for it.

The amount of facetime it requires to get a lock is kind of crazy. That is not an option in this mech.
I had one game on alpine... with that super short range, no chance. -> just charged in

On the positive side: you seem to survive a bit longer. But as you deal a lot less damage now it is a bad trade in my opinion.

some gameplay: https://youtu.be/NNFaVVJVZ6o

#2 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:31 AM

Probably just getting used to the change is why it seems so hard to do the "sword and board" move. Technically, the mech is still more agile than with no unlocks.

The lock on is not really necessary to use the Mech's main weapon either. ( AC20 )

As for the laser lock requirements I believe, thought it has not yet been substanciated, that this modification has been rescinded and won't make it to live servers.

#3 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostChapeL, on 09 November 2015 - 12:31 AM, said:

The lock on is not really necessary to use the Mech's main weapon either. ( AC20 )

True, but your gun is gone _very_ quickly without the quirks!

#4 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:17 AM

So... IS MPL are now as good as they are in TT?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users