Jagermech: Rebalance Phase 3

2 replies to this topic

#1 Chuck Corneliusson

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:05 AM

JagerMech is suppose to be a long-range gunnery support Mech, but the sensor range is only 600m. Does this seem right?

I tried testing the AC/2s by putting five in the JM6-DD, I'm afraid I wasn't very effective. To me they still seem too hot. I had better luck running the JM6-S with two AC/5s and two AC/2s.

When PGI doubled the Armor and Internal Structure values of the original BattleTech designs, they in effect halved the effectivness of a ton of ammunition. I would like to see an increase in shots per ton.

Also, I enjoyed playing MWO without any weapon quirks. I like the fact that PGI wanted to make Mechs more individual and have reasons for things like the Hunchbacks huge right torso, but I think PGI was a bit too generous with them. The only weapon quirk I would like to see saved is the reduced jam chance for the Ultra AC/5 on the JM6-DD. Without the reduced jam chance quirk the Ultra AC/5 is just too unreliable.

Edited by Chuck Corneliusson, 11 November 2015 - 12:05 AM.

#2 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:32 AM

I echo your thoughts that the Jagermech could use a longer sensor range as a contribution to it's flavour. Also, while AC/2s are approaching a good place, yes they do still seem a tad hot.

EDIT: On the topic of AC/2 ammo per ton, I don't really feel like it's too low.

Edited by Hornsby, 05 November 2015 - 05:34 AM.

#3 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:19 AM

The Jaegermech has a huge antenna on it's back which is supposed to give targeting and sensor bonuses, I agree.

Proposal for JM6-Quirks due to the built-in infotech/sensor capabilities:
  • Sensor Range +350
  • T.A.D. -1.5s
  • Target Retention Time +2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users