Best Way To Introduce New Players To The Game?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Excessive Paranoia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:47 AM

I'm going to have a couple of friends dropping with me tomorrow for the first time and I'm not sure how to best introduce them to the game. I had thought we'd just group up as a lance and drop together, but I've read a couple of posts in the last few days that has me concerned that would be introducing them straight into hard-mode play. Is the group queue really as brutal as some people seem to think it is, or is that just hyperbole? Also, someone mentioned league games being a much better environment, but I didn't even know we had a league? Any suggestions?

Thanks

#2 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:10 AM

View PostExcessive Paranoia, on 07 November 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

I'm going to have a couple of friends dropping with me tomorrow for the first time and I'm not sure how to best introduce them to the game. I had thought we'd just group up as a lance and drop together, but I've read a couple of posts in the last few days that has me concerned that would be introducing them straight into hard-mode play. Is the group queue really as brutal as some people seem to think it is, or is that just hyperbole? Also, someone mentioned league games being a much better environment, but I didn't even know we had a league? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Do your friends have any past experience with Battletech/Mechwarrior? Games on PC or TT?

If they do, your off to a good start. If not, maybe start them out with a little BT history, lore wise.

If "I" ws to introduce my friends to MWO and they had no past BT knowledge, I would give them some lore history. Just to try and "get them into" the universe. I would walk them through the UI, answering questions and offering tips.

I would get them through the Academy next, answering questions and offering tips.

Next, private matches. Yes, I would belly up for some MC and get them into some private matches. Would spend time here going over more about playing MWO. I would get them as familiar with the game as I possibly can.

I would them follow up with some solo drops, emphasizing that they will not be good right away, that will come with time and practice and patience.

I would save group drops for a few days later. Just spend as much time playing with them as I could. Get them as familiar with the game as I could. I would get them into a Unit and on TS as fast as I could.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users