Cheetah Sensor Range

3 replies to this topic

#1 Carchemish

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:25 PM

So obviously the big change here is sensor range. Even loaded out with 'range' omnipods, the best a Cheetah can do is 682 meters (before modules). This build leaves room for an energy point in each arm, and no ecm. Throw on a range module, and you can bump the sensor range to 850 meters, which is not bad, but not ideal for this chassis. This all seems harsh at first, but remember the Cheetah is a fighter, not a scout. Sure it can be built as a passable scout, but its better in the role of brawler.

Now take a look at the Mist Lynx. Still not as good as some of the IS lights, but it certainly has a better range than the Cheetah. In fact, as of now the best clan scout may be the Nova, with its huge bonus to sensor range. I'm not sure if that was intended, as I would really give the Mist Lynx a better range than the nova.

Personally I'm a fan of this. It gives function to mechs that up till now had none. I really do understand that this isn't popular among Cheetah pilots (I'm one of them), but I'm looking forward to getting some use out of my other lights, and I'm going to give this a chance.

Regards,

Carchemish the Robust and Majestic

#2 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:22 AM

yeah cheetah sensors r really bad....k cheetah is browler....but I need this sensors to live!!!! coz with this bad ecm and bad cooling....its very hard to do!

#3 man du

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts
  • LocationIn my LCT-1V, chewing on your ankles!

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:47 AM

But Assaults don't really need really long sensors, do they? How about instead of an alpha strike, pressing the alpha strike key wins the game?

#4 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:59 PM

LOL nice joke - dude as we see it on test - they try to make a differense in sesnors by adding info war, if sensor of assaults will same as lights have - then i ask you - what da hell is info war is - target dalay and laser nerf? then i think we no need balance like this)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users