8 replies to this topic

#1 Aldezhar

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:19 AM

I was a legendary founder, but life and other things happeneds so I never really played. I see that I have the promised mechs, but how do I get the forum banner?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum

#2 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:22 AM

It's in the game client now, on the left side of the home screen, under titles and badges.

Welcome back!

Fonder on deck! o7

#3 Aldezhar

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 10 November 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

It's in the game client now, on the left side of the home screen, under titles and badges.

Welcome back!

Fonder on deck! o7

Thank you. Now to get into the fray and getting owned by the veterans that dont care about petty vanity items ;)

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:26 AM

Welcome back!

Some quick advice: Upgrade to double heatsinks asap. Repair and rearm is gone, get everything! Do: Put XL engines in Jenners and Catapults. Do not: Put XL engines in Hunchbacks and Atlases.

A fun build thought: Hunchback std 200 + 2 DHS (for total of 10) + endo steel + 2 MGs + AC/20 + 3 SPL OR 3 ML. 1 ton MG ammo, several tons AC/20 ammo, 320 'counted' armor (it's got more because of quirks). It may be a little on the slow side, but hang around the assault lance and use them for cover to take potshots from until they get close....then really hammer into 'em with lasers and MGs firing at the same time assisted with the big bang of the AC/20.

#5 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:11 PM

Or, you could try out the double uac 5 Hunchback back 4G. Hits like an ac20 on double tap, but faster'n from father. Course it'll jam at the most inoppourtune times, but, hey, that's what uacs are for.

Oh, and welcome back.

~Leone.

#6 Aldezhar

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for the tips. Will look into it. Reading up on guides and watching some videos to get a feel and doing the tutorial

#7 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:58 PM

Don't forget to vomit when you feel like it. Lasers that is =P

#8 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

Another suggestion is to open a second "freeplay-stock" account (like me!) for your 'hard mode'. As Community Warfare is (partially) functional, it will let you play two different factions without changing contracts all the time.
The new player functionality and reward system will give you a feel for the new player experience that your Founder Account won't. Then you can feed that back to PGI.

With the rewards and occasional contest, its (relatively) easy to get to 12 mech bays for a full drop deck.

The big decision is which account you make Inner Sphere and which you make Clan for CW. My paid account has most of the clan mechs, but my free account is with Jade Falcon (slowly building up the CW clan deck).

#9 Artemis Ellis

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:24 PM

I am a newer player and I look at my teammates banners. If I see "Legendary/Elite Founder" I will follow them to cover their back and learn in the process. Most have been in an Atlas. They push, I push with them etc... I do not remember a game where that did not pay off.

If I get into a match with you and you roll heavy, look for my Banshee to be guarding your flank. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users