So Stopped Playing For A Few Months And Came Back...

8 replies to this topic

#1 Kenoshi

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

This game feels...Different.

Dig the UI changes...Though sorting through the 14131232 mechs I own is a bit of a pain. Really dig the reworked maps.

Also the ability to vote on maps and game type. KUDOS!!! Now just add more maps and we're good.

Big surprise for me: upcoming IS classics...MARAUDER OMG, busted out the dollars right away. What happened, did Harmony Gold blow up?

And well I'm playing on a new laptop with a 980m, game just purrs at 1080p with everything high, though crawls at 20fps on 4k which is expected.

Still get peeps complaining about my TBR streak boats :D And well light hitreg still sucks...And Alpine is still boring.

But overall: The game feels more polished. Yeah still has issues, but whatever.

#2 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:20 AM

View PostKenoshi, on 10 November 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

Now just add more maps and we're good.

This "just" right there might be one of the most misplaced words in the history of writing.

#3 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:46 AM

As someone who plays on a regular basis updates seem slow and very minor. It's a bit frustrating but I still enjoy the game.

It must be kinda nice to go away, come back and go "wow, look at all this new stuff all at once". The good news is the game is still getting regular updates and content is getting added much faster than in previous months, and it's not just mech packs.

#4 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

I play daily. Biggest problem in this game is the hand full of forum cryhards that think they speak for the whole community. Unfortunately, they cry hard enough to get their way. In attemps to make these select few stop crying, PGI makes changes to the game to make the crying stop. However, those changes only leads to more crying. It's a vicious cycle.

There are some issues worth bringing to PGI's attention. However, there are so many whining threads, threads whining about whining and whining threads to counter other whining threads. It's hard to tell which is a legitimate issue.

Hard to believe this game is played by a bunch of dudes in their 30's and up. My advice to a returned player. Stay out of the forums. They are filled with toxic players who spend more time complaining about the game than playing it.

Find some friends who like the game for what it is. Drop and enjoy yourselves. If you need a buddy to play with. Hit me up via PM. I have good group of players I frequently drop with and we'll wreck mech face!

Welcome back and hope to see you on the front lines!

Edited by DjPush, 11 November 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#5 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:07 AM

View Postzagibu, on 11 November 2015 - 02:20 AM, said:

This "just" right there might be one of the most misplaced words in the history of writing.

Especially when that isn't enough to give a reason to play the game. The macro part is still unacceptable.

#6 Malagant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:13 AM

View PostDjPush, on 11 November 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

I play daily. Biggest problem in this game is the hand full of forum cryhards that think they speak for the whole community. Unfortunately, they cry hard enough to get their way. In attemps to make these select few stop crying, PGI makes changes to the game to make the crying stop. However, those changes only leads to more crying. It's a vicious cycle.

There are some issues worth bringing to PGI's attention. However, there are so many whining threads, threads whining about whining and whining threads to counter other whining threads. It's hard to tell which is a legitimate issue.

Hard to believe this game is played by a bunch of dudes in their 30's and up. My advice to a returned player. Stay out of the forums. They are filled with toxic players who spend more time complaining about the game than playing it.

Find some friends who like the game for what it is. Drop and enjoy yourselves. If you need a buddy to play with. Hit me up via PM. I have good group of players I frequently drop with and we'll wreck mech face!

Welcome back and hope to see you on the front lines!

It's ironic isn't it? That you are crying about whiners in a thread that is anything but whining...

#7 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:22 AM

Why would they make more maps if people only want to vote for 3 or 4 of the easiest maps? Mechs above forgive that a swamp map have low visibility and many obstructions for mechs to get caught on.

#8 Alstren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNext door to PGI's North American server room

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:55 AM

What I imagined OP looking like when he posted

Posted Image

#9 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

View PostKenoshi, on 10 November 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

This game feels...Different.

Dig the UI changes...Though sorting through the 14131232 mechs I own is a bit of a pain. Really dig the reworked maps.

Also the ability to vote on maps and game type. KUDOS!!! Now just add more maps and we're good.

Big surprise for me: upcoming IS classics...MARAUDER OMG, busted out the dollars right away. What happened, did Harmony Gold blow up?

And well I'm playing on a new laptop with a 980m, game just purrs at 1080p with everything high, though crawls at 20fps on 4k which is expected.

Still get peeps complaining about my TBR streak boats :D And well light hitreg still sucks...And Alpine is still boring.

But overall: The game feels more polished. Yeah still has issues, but whatever.

Light hitreg really isn't that bad. Fighting in another light its pretty easy to hit one another, even the smaller mediums. Its when you're in a Heavy/Assault the lights look tiny and your TT is slower, it makes keeping up with and aiming at lights far more difficult. LRMs make short work of Light legs, especially while they're running.

My only qualm with the current state of the game is the weapons and mechanics balance. They've stated that they're running a long series of PTS sessions in order to finally take a major crack at balance. Paul (or was it Russ?) admitted balance since IGP has pretty much been secondary bandages in favor of pushing out large amounts of content that was desperately needed because IGP never wanted any that weren't able to be monetized (like maps) so they're attempting to do it finally. Russ said (pretty sure it was Russ quoting Paul now...) that it was going to be a series of PTS sessions until balance is found and the live servers won't be hit with any of the changes until the balance is finally stable. That's just regarding the balance overhaul though, don't worry they'll still patch issues on the live server.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users