No replies to this topic

#1 Warzog

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAboard the Wildcat's Leopard dropship: The Lair

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:14 AM

The first few days that voting was implemented, the folks who actually got to vote was very low, often below 50%.
After the patch, it bounced around 74% for a few days, but in the last few days I've been seeing 45%(11 votes)-58%(14 votes) out of 24 possible votes. And the fact that we have to wait a minute or more for 6-10 people to connect in the predrop area would seem to confirm this.
I have also noted that many times I only have 6-8 seconds to vote, but enter the predrop screen with 76-82 seconds on it's clock.

After voting was implemented, the selection of maps was quite random, and remained so after the patch for a couple days, but now the maps seem to be limited to a selection of 3 of: Caustic Valley, Canyon Network, Terra Therma, Alpine Peaks, Forest Colony, or Viridian Bog. And a single option for 1 of the other maps.

As to Match Maker:
I have noted that teams are not set up for 3/3/3/3 very much, but are often set up as 2/2/4/4 or 4/4/2/2, (or worst), usually on opposite teams. Needless to say, it often ends up in a one sided slaughter. In the last week I was only in one match that actually had a 3/3/3/3 setup, and it was a close 12v11, enjoyable match.
And I may be wrong, but it seems that the folks who have the better connections are the ones who get to vote, and get on the more powerful team. Either way, the teams need to be more balanced, I.E.; same weight limit per team, 'cause 4 light mechs sure don't equal 4 assault mechs, and 4 medium mechs don't equal 4 heavies.

Edit:
It seems kinda funny that folks kept asking for the ability to vote on maps and/or mode, but now that we have it, folks are asking to go back to the old system. Personally, I think the voting is a great idea, but it just needs a few tweaks, as does Match Maker.

Edited by Warzog, 12 November 2015 - 06:47 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users