Community Warfare Weekend Challenge

225 replies to this topic

#81 AntleredCormorant

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:32 AM

For those complaining about organization or knowing what to do; get on your faction teamspeak server. IDK if this is true for all of them but the folks running the FRR hub will happily get you sorted & I've dropped with some cool ppl over at Kurita as well.

The TS client is free; use it. You'll have a much better time & it makes the wait in between drops a lot more fun if you can bs or talk strategy with your teammates.

#82 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:50 AM

Are the C-Bills for this challenge just the ones you earn in match or does it include the C-Bills you get from your contract for a victory?

#83 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:53 AM

View PostArn0ldSchwarzenegger, on 13 November 2015 - 03:57 AM, said:

I'll be honest, I'll be suprised if I've not wrapped this up in 4 matches

The match score might take you 8 - 10-ish.

Unless you do the "1500+ dmg in one mech and hide the rest of the match" trick.

#84 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostAntleredCormorant, on 13 November 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

For those complaining about organization or knowing what to do; get on your faction teamspeak server. IDK if this is true for all of them but the folks running the FRR hub will happily get you sorted & I've dropped with some cool ppl over at Kurita as well.

The TS client is free; use it. You'll have a much better time & it makes the wait in between drops a lot more fun if you can bs or talk strategy with your teammates.

This.

I am so tired of hearing peeps whine about lack of coordination and yet they do nothing about it. News flash Steiners, I've been hoping IS factions for the past few months and everyone's pugs claim their faction to be the worst...

Fact is that the poor coordination found in normal pug drops is increased exponentially in CW.

Even if you don't like the game plan...
Even if you don't like you're fellow teammates for the drop...
EVEN IF THE PLAN IS ACTUALLY BAD...

Executing together will give you a better chance to win/get points/get paid/maybe even get laid than griping and ignoring...

#85 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:13 AM

We'll talk after something resembling the PTS shows up in Live servers.

Until then- yeah no.

#86 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:52 PM

Event was fun. Wrapped it up around 2am by closing out the match score category. To all the PuGs who actually listened to drop calling last night, a sincere thank you. I work this weekend and won't be able to play much until Monday, and having groups that followed direction and worked together was a refreshing change.

#87 MandyB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for a good event, easy to achieve, good rewards, and overall fun.

#88 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

View Posttee5, on 13 November 2015 - 02:42 AM, said:

Come on guys, give this little counter at least the chance to finish his job.
At the moment he needs 100 years to count up to that big numbers.
If I would be this little counter I would be pretty pissed and unsatisfied.

Posted Image

I was laughing at this one and had to check the forums to see what others thought.

#89 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:49 PM

I played one CW match after 6 months !

It still the same crap !

So enjoy your event - and have fun - we will meet on another weekend - but not on this one !

#90 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:55 PM

So on the Cbill challenge:

Ticker increment: 30/sec (roughly, very roughly...)

2,500,000/30= 83,333.33333333333.... (lets jut call it 83,333 seconds for arguments sake...

so finally 83,333/60 = 1,388.88 Minutes (yeah I'm gonna round it again to 1,389) or 23.15 hours!

So it should take almost a full day for that poor little counter to make it to 100%!

Edited by Ironically Ironclad Irony, 13 November 2015 - 03:07 PM.

#91 whitelightshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:24 PM

A clan inspired event... Let me put it plain, 8 games that is 4 ghostdrops and 4 games that makes you feel dirty and abused... I am out of this thing that makes you feel like punching bag for anything called clan... I guess somebody has to be the sacrificial lambs to make the clanners happy....

Edited by whitelightshadow, 13 November 2015 - 03:40 PM.

#92 SourKraut

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 13 November 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

This.

I am so tired of hearing peeps whine about lack of coordination and yet they do nothing about it. News flash Steiners, I've been hoping IS factions for the past few months and everyone's pugs claim their faction to be the worst...

Fact is that the poor coordination found in normal pug drops is increased exponentially in CW.

Even if you don't like the game plan...
Even if you don't like you're fellow teammates for the drop...
EVEN IF THE PLAN IS ACTUALLY BAD...

Executing together will give you a better chance to win/get points/get paid/maybe even get laid than griping and ignoring...

Honestly, no one would "whine" (and why is it whenever someone doesn't like what someone else likes people think they are "whining" when they express their opinion) if 12 mans would only drop against other 12 mans (except maybe then the 12 mans would complain that they can't farm pugs any more). CW needs some kind of matchmaking tool that matches group sizes and number of solos on both sides (if one team has a 10 man group and 2 solos the team they drop against should be the same, not a 2 or 3 person group and 9-10 solos who may not even be from the same faction).

Edited by SourKraut, 13 November 2015 - 03:34 PM.

#93 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:04 PM

View PostSourKraut, on 13 November 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Honestly, no one would "whine" (and why is it whenever someone doesn't like what someone else likes people think they are "whining" when they express their opinion) if 12 mans would only drop against other 12 mans (except maybe then the 12 mans would complain that they can't farm pugs any more). CW needs some kind of matchmaking tool that matches group sizes and number of solos on both sides (if one team has a 10 man group and 2 solos the team they drop against should be the same, not a 2 or 3 person group and 9-10 solos who may not even be from the same faction).

I never said they aren't entitled to their opinion. I am tired of those that offer nothing constructive and make no attempt to lead. They are apparently there to be carried.

I actually had drops with one of these guys 4 times in a row today. Always dishing advice on how we all were doing it wrong, but not willing to take on the mantle of DC.

On the fourth game I expressed my willingness to follow his lead (no sarcasm, I backed him up) and after his first push crumpled he slunk away quiet for the rest of the match.

I give him credit for actually trying, I really do. I just hope he learned how hard it is to herd cats when half the team isn't even trying.

I stand by my statement; in CW 90% of the time you lead or follow in order to win. Otherwise you have to blame yourself at least a bit if the team fails to win.
Are there fubar'd drops? Yes of course. However making it everyone else's fault all the time is immature and not realistic.

#94 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

View Postwhitelightshadow, on 13 November 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

A clan inspired event... Let me put it plain, 8 games that is 4 ghostdrops and 4 games that makes you feel dirty and abused... I am out of this thing that makes you feel like punching bag for anything called clan... I guess somebody has to be the sacrificial lambs to make the clanners happy....

Clan inspired? What? Its CW, every faction can participate. Even Marik.
If you're ghost dropping you haven't figured out how to use the Attack/Defend menu very well. Pick a planet that already has defenders or attackers on the opposing side. Attack/defend it and more than likely you will have a game. It is that easy. Don't pick a random planet that no one has any interest in...
As for dirty and abused, several of my group drops over the last few days have been against MS or 228. Just being able to kill half their number of 'mechs is a win sometimes. Losing happens in games. Get used to it.

#95 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

I jumped into a game just to kill some time. Found I was in one CW in 5 minutes. Wasn't a complete PUG and wasn't a complete CW kill over. Was actually FUNNNNNNNN. Loved it. Need to get more people into this and incentivise more.

#96 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostAntleredCormorant, on 13 November 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

Found my way over. Good group of guys and good drops.

#97 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

View Postshopsmart, on 13 November 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

I jumped into a game just to kill some time. Found I was in one CW in 5 minutes. Wasn't a complete PUG and wasn't a complete CW kill over. Was actually FUNNNNNNNN. Loved it. Need to get more people into this and incentivise more.

First, increase the LP win bonus and then...

I would like to see scaled stipends for players that get payed out as long as they get a minimum score in the match if its a loss. The higher your rank, the better the stipend. Make it start at like level 8 and grow every couple of levels.

If you Win, you get the regular bonuses instead of the stipend. The stipend should never be as much as your win bonus, but maybe at level 18 or 20, its like 80% of the win bonus.

This would accomplish a couple of things:
1) incentivize players to do CW
2) reward players that are loyal to a particular faction (finally!)

If you do bounce between factions, you will always qualify for the stipend you earned for the faction you are currently in.

Edited by Ironically Ironclad Irony, 13 November 2015 - 04:35 PM.

#98 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostKernelOops, on 13 November 2015 - 03:20 AM, said:

Yeah, someone wasn't thinking when they coded those counters. How about you change it to increment 1% each time and calculate the numeric total based on the percentage currently displayed. This way all counters will increment at the same rate and reach 100% simultaneously..... and we won't all be long dead and buried by the time some of the counters complete.

Oh, and what is this challAnge you speak of? Come on guys, does a simple spell-check not form part of your QA process?

Yeah, good quality control going on here. As for the counter, there is a huge chunk of common sense missing from this implementation. C'mon PGI, pull it together...

#99 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

I dunno... I like some of these humorous flukes...

Nuclear Pink Gargoyles
Breakdancing EBJs
Infinite counters

I'll take those over the torso-twist from hell when they were getting ready to drop Urbies...

#100 veedubfreak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

What's with the game crashing then crashing every time you try to rejoin a CW match. Steam is gonna be fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users