4 replies to this topic

#1 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:01 AM

We have made now nearly a week with map voting - and most people disagree how it works out.
Its a nice idea, but it fails on users.
Most of us will mostly see yust some maps now (mostly Frozen City and HPG Manifold followed by Alpine Peaks, Mining Collective and Crimson Strait, sometimes River City and Tourmaline Desert). We nearly not see some maps (terra therma, caustic valley, Viridian bog and as far for me i have seen forest colony rarest). So far we could thinkover, whats wrong with that maps (as mentioned before elsewhere, the dislikes are: Fog, obstacles, heat and also the bigness), that are also big issues to make maps better in future, but this is no voting for which maps were made bad...

We get some spare seconds (i guess its 15secs avg - up to 30 secs) less waiting time.
But we need 15 secs of voting plus 5secs on extra loading screen. So as it feels for me, the faster searching time is annilated by the vote, and the vote annilates randomness.

Solution

To get all benefits out of it, there would be an easy solution: Lets have Pre-Drop Votings!

Done like the server selection and mode selection before. You vote your liked maps before you drop to play. Everyone could pull in/out maps he likes - or choose maps for the current selected mech.
This way there would be the spared searching times, the voting on maps/modes and a bit randomness in the outcome. (as suggested elsewhere there also could be a little bit of extra randomness, say with the 3 most voted maps or the 2 most voted modes)
The only "negative" would be that you cant exchange your vote, if you wanna push a map voted 2nd, to not get the first place.

We would have all at once, less waitin time, voted maps/modes, and a little bit of randomness.

Edited by BlackHeroe, 07 November 2015 - 09:02 AM.

#2 corpse256

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USA

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:43 PM

This kinda works but has same issues as Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Everyone wants to play DE_Dust2 all the time, I actually have to uncheck that map because I would want to play other maps. Doing that increases wait times. Plus maybe doing this might confuse new players because they don't know any of the maps, so they are thinking what maps would I like to play. They have all maps check but majority of the game wants cold maps, so all that player plays is just cold maps. Plus if the cold maps are the most selected map it will only throw most of the players into those maps only and make it harder for other players to join games because of map selection. Attaching maps and game modes would be more wise but still cold maps will be the choice most players will make. So pretty much back to the drawing board, good idea but your putting yourself back into the same boat as we are arleady in.

#3 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:01 PM

View PostBlackHeroe, on 07 November 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Solution

To get all benefits out of it, there would be an easy solution: Lets have Pre-Drop Votings!

Done like the server selection and mode selection before. You vote your liked maps before you drop to play. Everyone could pull in/out maps he likes - or choose maps for the current selected mech.
This way there would be the spared searching times, the voting on maps/modes and a bit randomness in the outcome. (as suggested elsewhere there also could be a little bit of extra randomness, say with the 3 most voted maps or the 2 most voted modes)
The only "negative" would be that you cant exchange your vote, if you wanna push a map voted 2nd, to not get the first place.

We would have all at once, less waitin time, voted maps/modes, and a little bit of randomness.

PGI didn't implement vote for agreed with players' wish they did it only for lower waiting time.

Your solution seem good ( good upgrade i mean ) but IMO with time people will be bored really fast to change maps or even gamemode all time also they will uncheck or keep always same vote >>> lead this game to stagnation and interdiction to play the gamemode you want when you want like the original voting system did it.

All of this why ?
Because PGI can't keep their playerbase ( RIP to 95% of 62000 originals founders have fun with others games ).

Edited by Idealsuspect, 09 November 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#4 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:06 AM

Yes surely and thats why i suggest this, there would be even less waiting time.

And surely not everyone will change their voting settings, thats no problem, cause others did, and others also use the variety. So we will get the more liked maps more, and the less liked less - but we wont get the same maps all the time.

A little bit randomness on voting or and a voting system like "Freebrewer Bmore" suggested in another thread, would also help greatly:
http://mwomercs.com/...ll/page__st__60

Edited by BlackHeroe, 14 November 2015 - 10:07 AM.

#5 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:28 AM

I personally want this experiment scrapped. Return ability to check mark modes. IF we have to vote on maps, group them by characteristics.
Choice 1: 3-4 hot maps, Choice 2 Cold maps. Choice three: all new maps, choice 4 temperate maps. This way I won't be forced to play Canyon 100 times night.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users